5D3 RAW - Dance festival

Started by jasonp, May 27, 2016, 04:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonp

Hi,

The video was shot for a 3 day -smallish- dance festival in Athens on a 5D3, 24fps raw. The guys wanted a linear "after video" showcasing the activities that took place, mainly intended for future sponsors, acts, etc. The song was just handed to me (from their label), not exactly my cup of tea bit I guess it works :)

In any case, someone might find it useful considering that it was shot with no added lights, practically in total darkness, with modulated mixed lighting (I had to use a flicker free plugin that softened some clips, there was no way around it, I tried every shutter speed). Shot on Leica Rs, Canon 70-200 IS II, and a Canon CN-E 85mm T1.3, which was my only option for some locations. Only used a monopod. Max ISO 3200, there is some noise here and there.

No grading, just some little colour correction. I would have liked to work a bit on the -mixed- daylight clips, but I just wanted to finish the project, the music was driving me mad  :P

A huge thanks to the ML team for everything they've done for the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBuzBqNcxeg

extremelypoorfilmaker

Simonwb

Very nice. I quite like the music, too.
5D3.123 | 5D4 | C100ii | 16-35 f4 | 24-105 f4ii | 70-200 f2.8ii | 50 f1.2 | 100 f2.8 | Samyang 16, 24, 35, 50, 85, 135

jasonp

Youtube compression covers the noise pretty nicely, agreed haha :)

Concerning the music, I was kidding since the producer is actually a friend of mine and very talented, it's just that I was always more into hiphop than electronic/dance and the rhythm was really different/complicated than what I'm used to :)