Android App trigger button (update)

Started by wolf, July 27, 2012, 02:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf

I have a Android tablet which runs ML controller of sztupy. I use it mostly as external monitor.
The App can not trigger the shutter.

But there is a way...

To simulate pressing buttons with the Android application I modified the debug menu. Each item in the new debug menu does nothing but to simulate pressing a button. If you select for example (Left) and press (Set), the ML menu jumps one step to the left. I created all buttons as items needed to control ML, as well as LV, Halfshutter and Fullshutter.
The Android app creates the menu dynamically depending on ML-firmware in the camera, so you can see the modified debug menu.
If you press Left on the Android tablet it is like you press left on you camera.
You can only see the ML menu on your camera screen, but control it with the touchscreen of the tablet.

It works even in LiveView Mode, so it is possible to activate Follow-Focus, change desired step size, switch to LV, start recording and pull the focus with the Android tablet without touching the camera. The Android app monitors always LV.

bart

Hi Wolf,

Nice one.
I would be happy with an android app with just a couple of camera buttons, like a remote with an usb cable. If I would then lock the middle of the cable on the tripod so it doesn't transfer phone movement to the camera and I could use Follow focus without touching the camera. Beside that you can run a manual rack focus/focus stack. Would be great on some small phone line sony x10 mini.