Longer exposures than 30seconds

Started by zachkessin, April 25, 2016, 04:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachkessin

I am using magic lantern for widefield astrophotography and I have been using my Canon T3i with a 50mm lens. What I have been doing is using the intervalometer to take a 20-40 30s exposures, but what I would like to do is take a smaller number of longer exposures, say 10 2:00 minute exposures.

Is there a way to script this?

zachkessin

That does not really help me, I had already read those
I don't have an external remote that I can use to set a longer exposure. It would seem that there should be someway in Magic Lantern to set a 1 minute exposure, which I can't find

Audionut

I would suggest that you read those links again.  Maybe after a coffee or something.

Then trying playing with those features in camera.

splottled

jeez.  i guess being a mod for a magic lantern forum turns people into dickheads.

intervalometer + long exposure maxes out at 30 seconds.  bulb times longer than 30 seconds require half press of the shutter button.

maybe if you drank less coffee you'd be a little nicer to people.

Walter Schulz

g3gg0

Quote from: splottled on May 28, 2020, 02:34:43 AM
jeez.  i guess being a mod for a magic lantern forum turns people into dickheads.

I would suggest that you read those links again.  Maybe after a coffee or something.

Then trying playing with those features in camera.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

theBilalFakhouri

If you didn't have enough coffee or if the Links were very difficult to understand. .
I am introducing my Free service to you , a quick tutorial without Coffee needed

Follow these

1-Get into Photo Mode

2- Set Expourse time to BULB from Canon Menu

3- Go to Shoot Menu inside ML settings

4- Turn ON Your Coffee Machine if you have one . . I mean the Bulb Timer --> Press Q and to Change Exposure duration to desired duration

5- Turn ON Intervalometer and set your desired settings

6- Leave ML Menu

7- Audionut gave the key, don't misunderstand (Optional)

I think Userguide should be updated

Maybe there is bug in Intervalometer with Bulb Timer, I set Bulb Timer to 60 Seconds which is works fine but I set also Intervalometer to take a picture every 10 Seconds but after it takes a picture for 60 Seconds it takes the second picture directly , without the 10 Seconds delay.

I Tested it with 5 Seconds and 30 Seconds delay , same problem, Can someone reproduce the problem?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on May 29, 2020, 02:40:02 AM
I think Userguide should be updated

Feel free to participate -> Signature

heder

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on May 29, 2020, 02:40:02 AM
Maybe there is bug in Intervalometer with Bulb Timer, I set Bulb Timer to 60 Seconds which is works fine but I set also Intervalometer to take a picture every 10 Seconds but after it takes a picture for 60 Seconds it takes the second picture directly , without the 10 Seconds delay.

I Tested it with 5 Seconds and 30 Seconds delay , same problem, Can someone reproduce the problem?

I love making astrophorograhpy images, being alone under the stars with a warm cup of coffee, except the next morning is pretty bad, 10 x coffee to the rescue  ;D

For the sake of simplicity: intervalometer timer >= bulb timer + review time + 2 sec ...

No more coffee, support time is up  :P
... some text here ..

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: heder on May 29, 2020, 09:28:50 AM
For the sake of simplicity: intervalometer timer >= bulb timer + review time + 2 sec ...

Thanks, that helps :D

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 29, 2020, 03:00:42 AM
Feel free to participate -> Signature

Planning