Lua question with Auto Bracketing

Started by garry23, April 24, 2016, 08:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding the following.

So when I need to operate the shutter with a script I have use:

camera.shoot(64, false)

What I now wish to do, within a script, is to tap into the ML auto bracketing functionality.

However, what I'm finding is that camera.shoot does not wait for the ML auto bracketing (which I have switched on in the ML menu) to finish. The Lua function camera.shoot only triggers the first image and critically doesn't wait for the ML auto bracketing to finish.

As I say, does anyone have any ideas how to tap into the ML auto bracketing from within a running script, including the script continuing to run after the auto bracketing has finished.

Cheers

Garry

a1ex

camera.shoot() should be enough; the parameters are optional for this function. This function takes a regular picture, as if you would press the shutter button; the bracketing feature intercepts it and continues from there in the background.

With the current API, it's not very easy to tell when it's finished. One way would be to monitor dryos.shooting_card.file_number and see when it settles.

garry23

@a1ex

As you say, camera.shoot() starts the bracketing, but after the first image the lens starts to move, ie it's the next thing in my script.

I'll get round the problem by hard coding the bracketing in the script, ie I'll calculate and control things myself.

I have a neat idea for workflow, ie put the ML Raw(Ev) spotmeter on the shadow zone I wish to capture, grab an ETTR reading (which becomes my base bracket), the spotmeter will now tell me how many Ev the shadow area is down from the ETTRed highlight, which tells be how many Ev to cover relatively simply.

Cheers

Garry