5D Markii led blinking not boot

Started by danidm, July 27, 2012, 01:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danidm

i tried everything with different cards and batteries... My 5d is bricked. Anyone can help me?

few hours ago i think that i retired the cf just when i turned off the camera. I forgotten it with the battery in. When i came back the camera doesn't work anymore...

danidm

danidm

I formatted the card, the camera does not start, but the LED does not blink anymore. Without a CF card the camera does not start again... please help!

1%

So you've been using Ml for a while? You just left it in the camera and it drained and didn't come back?

Is your button/backup battery good?

*also

By your last post did you mark your CF card bootable and put an autoexec.bin on it?

a1ex

Format the card and read the install guide.

And this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/bestpractices

And think twice before scaring people, there are more polite ways to ask for help.

danidm

Quote from: a1ex on July 27, 2012, 08:04:44 AM
Format the card and read the install guide.

And this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/bestpractices

And think twice before scaring people, there are more polite ways to ask for help.

I only can format the camera with a car reader. The camera doesn't boot from anyway. I tried everything on the guide. Simply, i removed the card so fast and i forgot the camera. The battery has drained but the camera won't boot anymore...

a1ex

After each failed boot attempt, remove the battery. Make sure it's fully charged and make sure the card has the right files (if unsure, boot without card).

danidm

I tried with different and fully charged batteries. Without a card doesn't boot. With a ML card the led is blinking at the moment that I close the battery cover before i turn on the power button. You can see in the youtube video.

a1ex

That blink means wrong firmware version.

What happens with a formatted card?

Please describe the problem with as many details as you can.

danidm

Quote from: a1ex on July 27, 2012, 10:45:23 AM
That blink means wrong firmware version.

What happens with a formatted card?
Nothing happens. The firmware version was 2.12. Is there any possibility to do a hard reset to the factory defaults of the camera with an autoexec.bin or something? Thank you

a1ex

Please describe the problem in detail, starting from the moment you have tried to install ML.

"Nothing happens" is a vague answer.

danidm

Quote from: a1ex on July 27, 2012, 10:45:23 AM
Please describe the problem with as many details as you can.

I was shooting trying the new ML 2.3 (ML has working fine) but accidentally i turned off the camera and i remove the cf card too fast i think. I forgot the camera for a while (maybe 1 or 2 hours). When i came back the camera doesn't boot. I removed the drained battery and i putted a fully charged in it. Then the led blinks. I tried with a different card, with a formatted card the led doesn't blink but the camera doesn't boot... I tried formatting the cards, installing a clean version but nothing. The camera seems fried and without a card doesn't boot anyway.

a1ex

Got it, we'll continue the investigation via chat.

Yanoch

cicka

Alex, any updates... did you fixed it ?

bahlik

Hi. About 2 hours ago there was a similar problem. All the terms of use were observed.
Flashing indicator card in any state switch ON / OFF, just flickers and no action. Plus some flickering screen. The computer does not see the camera at all. Please help

a1ex

bahlik

Hello! I've had these same symptoms, today received a call from the service center and was told that the problem is the power supply board ... = ((Repair cost $ 250

g3gg0

ouch, that hurts.
thanks for that post, it will help us next time if a similar problem occurs :)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

a1ex

I don't think bahlik's issue is the same, because the description is different ("some flickering screen").

audiomedia

I' am a new ML user, the same issue happened with my camera, I tried changing lot of different batteries, suddenly it started working. I would have probably taken out the card before the recommended 5 sec, or it may be because I formatted the card once retaining ML on the card, I' am not sure if that triggered some problem. Now it is working fine. I' am relieved.