Canon EOS M - ML not working

Started by Brenski, April 23, 2021, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenski

Have ML setup on my EOS-M. Was working fine last time i tried (about two weeks ago).
Power up today, camera and camera menus are fine, but the double-tap does not bring up the ML lantern menus?

any help appreciated

Walter Schulz

Press trashcan for some seconds.
If it doesn't work: Reinstall by using Firmware update. ML settings will be unaffected.

Brenski

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 23, 2021, 12:20:26 PM
Press trashcan for some seconds.
If it doesn't work: Reinstall by using Firmware update. ML settings will be unaffected.
sorry. not a chance. i had the intervalometer set in ML, so every powerup starts the intervalometer - even though i'd turned it off after last use.
so now the trashcan (no matter how long i press it) only ever brings up the option to delete an image

an update to this:
i've reinstalled ML and the message comes up to confirm this "reboot". I've done this but the double-tap still gets no response. press and hold Trash only ever brings up ISO settings.

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card. Delete contents of ML\Settings. Insert card and battery. Retry.

Brenski

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 23, 2021, 01:12:27 PM
Remove battery, remove card. Delete contents of ML\Settings. Insert card and battery. Retry.
all done, still the same result.

touchscreen is working fine for normal menu use.
however, double-tap not working despite full reinstall. pressing trash only brings up ISO settings.

Walter Schulz

If you cannot access ML menu you likely haven't installed it properly. Redo installation. You know you have to press trashcan for > 1 seconds? You have to wait until circle fills up.

Brenski

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 23, 2021, 01:36:04 PM
If you cannot access ML menu you likely haven't installed it properly. Redo installation. You know you have to press trashcan for > 1 seconds? You have to wait until circle fills up.
sorry, but i have reinstalled it - three times, following three successive formats.
ML confirms it is installed and requests the reboot. upon reboot the double-tap or trash press do not access Ml menus

Walter Schulz

Please take a vid showing screen and trashcan button during press.

Brenski

haven't been able to upload a video, but here's an image shwoign what happens when the trash button is press-held

Walter Schulz

Show installation video including reboot after installation.

Brenski

sorry - but i already said - can't upload a video.

but i've already confirmed that ML confirms installation and instructs me to reboot camera. I do this but after reboot double-tap nor Trash button load ML.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, everyone can upload a video somewhere and link it here.

Q1: Toggle screens with INFO button. Is ML screen there?
Q2: Access C.Fn IV (6) and change Trashcan button function from 2 to 0. Does it work now?

Brenski

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 23, 2021, 04:02:55 PM
Sorry, everyone can upload a video somewhere and link it here.

Q1: Toggle screens with INFO button. Is ML screen there?
Q2: Access C.Fn IV (6) and change Trashcan button function from 2 to 0. Does it work now?
Q1 - no it isn't
Q2 - yes it does, thanks

weird about the tapscreen ML option not working

ArcziPL

What do you mean with "double tap"?
- Do you tap twice using the same finger?
or
- Do you tap with two fingers at the same time?
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

Brenski

Quote from: ArcziPL on April 23, 2021, 07:14:18 PM
What do you mean with "double tap"?
- Do you tap twice using the same finger?
or
- Do you tap with two fingers at the same time?
the latter - as i understood that's how to access ML.
but now you mention it, i've tried your first option now, and that doesn't work either.

ArcziPL

Yes, correct. Last question from my side: which build do you use?
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

Danne

My builds conflicts with two-finger tap so if that is used try another build.

Igor247

The "magic lantern" firmware overlay on the canon eos m does not work, but the firmware itself works, what should I do? :-\

Walter Schulz

Sorry, unclear description.
Are you unable to access ML menu? Redo installation. If it still doesn't work and long pressing trashcan icon and two-finger-touch won't oper ML menu you should come back with more details and steps to reproduce your issue.