Frame rate question 2.3 Magic Lantern

Started by life4eva, July 26, 2012, 02:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

life4eva

I just installed Magic Lantern and everything works fine. I seen in the documentation though that you can go up to 35fps in this new 2.3 version. I am currently using a Canon 60d and see no option in the ML menu for frame rates???

thanks

he56ys5ysu7w4

Amateur shooting family stills and video
Gear: Canon 600D/T3i -- Sigma 30/f1.4 EX DC HSM -- Canon EF-S 15-85/f3.5-5.6 IS USM -- Canon EF 50/1.8 II -- V3 LCD Viewfinder loupe -- Velbon RUP-L40
Editing with LR3 and FCPX

life4eva

Ok thanks, also I have another question.

My questions for now are:

1.) Do we have to have ML installed on all of the memory cards we use? I thought this changed the Canon's firmware of the camera, please let me know.

2.) I usually format my cards after every shoot, if I formate my card I i will erase ML, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks for the help

he56ys5ysu7w4

Quote from: life4eva on July 26, 2012, 08:03:13 PM
1.) Do we have to have ML installed on all of the memory cards we use? I thought this changed the Canon's firmware of the camera, please let me know.
You have to install ML on every card you use.

2.) I usually format my cards after every shoot, if I formate my card I i will erase ML, what is the best way to do this?
Try it and you'll find out. :-)
Gear: Canon 600D/T3i -- Sigma 30/f1.4 EX DC HSM -- Canon EF-S 15-85/f3.5-5.6 IS USM -- Canon EF 50/1.8 II -- V3 LCD Viewfinder loupe -- Velbon RUP-L40

SuperHans28

Format your cards in camera, rather then on a PC/Mac. If you do it in camera, Magic Lantern will automatically restore.

life4eva

I used Magic Lantern on a shoot today and it seemed like sometimes it would work and sometimes not? How is it that you use it?

I start the camera and press the trash can, then when I press it again or go to the menu then it is Canons regular version that the camera had. So my question is how is it that I am supposed to exactly use Magic Lantern and avoid using Canon's stock version?

Thanks

he56ys5ysu7w4

Ok thanks, also I have another question.

My questions for now are:

Thanks for the help
Found this for you.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/bestpractices

No idea about your last q. ML works very nicely for me.

SuperHans28

Quote from: life4eva on July 27, 2012, 07:44:46 AM
I used Magic Lantern on a shoot today and it seemed like sometimes it would work and sometimes not? How is it that you use it?

I start the camera and press the trash can, then when I press it again or go to the menu then it is Canons regular version that the camera had. So my question is how is it that I am supposed to exactly use Magic Lantern and avoid using Canon's stock version?

Thanks

Pressing the Menu button will take you to the Canon menu. ML's menu is always accessed via the Trash Can button.

Also, if you press Display while in liveview, it clears Magic Lantern's global draw and displays the stock view in LV. You just need to press DISP again to get back to ML.