Weird ETTR Issue - FRAME Size inconsistency - All day timelapse

Started by limey, March 14, 2016, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limey

So I shot an all day time lapse last week and I noticed that different sections of the time lapse (probably coincided with battery changes), the frame size is slightly different.

Anyone run into this problem before?

Frank7D

Just a shot in the dark, but if shooting mlv then switching in and out of crop mode may change the frame size.

limey

It turned out that shooting sometimes with liveview on and liveview off was the culprit as the frame size is different. Not sure what settings caused that.

a1ex

limey

This was done over the course of say 10 hours. It was done using battery rotation and card rotation. When I had live view one for say one full battery session, then the next battery I didn't have live view on. After checking the footage, there is a change in frame size dimensions. If you are saying that is not something that ML should be doing, then maybe it could be attributed to lens drift or something?

a1ex

rbrune

Quote from: limey on November 10, 2016, 07:45:20 PM
This was done over the course of say 10 hours. It was done using battery rotation and card rotation. When I had live view one for say one full battery session, then the next battery I didn't have live view on. After checking the footage, there is a change in frame size dimensions. If you are saying that is not something that ML should be doing, then maybe it could be attributed to lens drift or something?
Card rotation? Maybe you simply had different ML settings saved on each card?

limey

I'll upload the frames (if I remember) Monday when back at the office.

It wasn't card rotation, because I run ML off the SD card and shoot to the CF. I leave the SD card there the whole time while rotating CFs.