Highland Fairytale // 6D RAW

Started by jackmoro, February 06, 2016, 09:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

A short film looking at mysterious mountain from several different angles that a person might not normally see if they were visiting it.

Only one lens used: Tamron 24-70/2.8. Everything filmed handheld.

I had to make photos there. Didn't have opportunity to install VAF, so some ugly aliasing here and there :)

Thanks for watching / Alex.

axelcine

Beautiful pictures and lots of dramatic scenery. Where in the world did you make this?
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Levas

I like the mist, works good for the mood in the video.
I wonder, with the shots of the yellow cabin hanging on the cable, did you use slowmotion on camera, 720p 50 fps ?

jackmoro

Quote from: axelcine on February 06, 2016, 09:31:41 PM
Beautiful pictures and lots of dramatic scenery. Where in the world did you make this?

Thanks Axel. It was filmed in Spain.

jackmoro

Quote from: Levas on February 07, 2016, 12:14:27 PM
I like the mist, works good for the mood in the video.
I wonder, with the shots of the yellow cabin hanging on the cable, did you use slowmotion on camera, 720p 50 fps ?

Thanks Levas. I was really lucky with weather, also it helped with eliminating people.
Cabin was shot 30p and conformed to 23.9 in post. 720p with ropes in frame  would make shots with aliasing unusable at all ;)

Levas

Ah 30fps to 24fps that explained why it looks like slowmotion but doesn't look like 720P aliasing  :D

KelvinK

This is simply looks and sounds gorgeous, man! and this dramatic scenery... jealous!
I was there, but seems like missed more then half of what I could see.

Did you use any lens filter for sky?
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jackmoro

Thanks. Yep, I used Marumi CP-L filter, it helped a lot with bright sky.

KelvinK

I have one too, but it has vignetting on shots wider then 26mm. Can't see any vignetting on wide shots. Did you fix it in post?
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jackmoro

Nope, I didn't. I've "wide" thin version of filter. I rather added very light vignette in post in some shots :)