ACR VisionLog Camera Profile

Started by newsense, March 01, 2016, 07:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsense

I downloaded the VisionLog camera profile and placed it in C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles and C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles and I still do not see the profile in Adobe Camera Raw.

Walter Schulz

You don't have to copy it to ProgramData.
Do you have a directoy VisionLog in C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles and do you have restarted PS?

newsense

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 01, 2016, 08:08:19 AM
You don't have to copy it to ProgramData.
Do you have a directoy VisionLog in C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles and do you have restarted PS?
Yes I do and have.

newsense

It looks like MLVFS must have wrong EXIF for my camera, Rebel T4i instead of 650d.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: newsense on March 01, 2016, 01:21:15 PM
Yes I do and have.

And C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles was there? You haven't to create "CameraProfiles"?
Snapshot Explorer window showing C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles contents and link it here.

Danne

QuoteIt looks like MLVFS must have wrong EXIF for my camera, Rebel T4i instead of 650d.

Rebel T4i is the 650D. If you need to change any tags use exiftool and how that works can be found searching and reading in this forum for instance.

newsense

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 02, 2016, 10:13:35 AM
And C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles was there? You haven't to create "CameraProfiles"?
Snapshot Explorer window showing C:\Users\matt\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles contents and link it here.
Walter, I guarantee you the dir. Is there. I believe the problem is the camera shows up as rebel t4i instead of 650d.

Walter Schulz

Download a CR2/JPG shot with 5D3 (or another non-Rebel camera but not 70D) and try to reproduce your issue. If VisionLog shows up: Yes, you are right. If not: Yes, I'm right. And Danne, too.

DeafEyeJedi

I'm afraid Danne & Walter are right on this one.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

newsense

It was never about me being right, I just want to use camera profiles without changing EXIF data. i'd add the screenshots if I knew how but it did work with the picture I downloaded from a 5dmk3

Walter Schulz

Can you upload on of the twisted files (showing camera model Rebel T4i) somewhere and link it here?

Danne

Here,s what the file could be tagged with according to exiftool documentation(courtesy dfort). Three different names for the same camera.
Canon EOS 650D
EOS Rebel T4i
Kiss X6i

Walter Schulz

There may be various tags in use identifying a cam:

Model (String)
CanonModelID (Binary)
CanonImageType (String)

Walter Schulz

Made some experiments: PS does not identify camera types by string values. I changed string exif tags values for Model and CanonImageType: Just ignored. Changed camera entry in DCP: Nope, does not make a match with string entries.
But I can confirm there must be some kind of match between VisionLog DCP files (dedicated to cam) and file loaded into CR/LR. If not matched VisionLog profile will not show up in Camera Profiles dropdown box.
Now I need your file causing VisionLog profiles to be hidden.

newsense

Walter Schulz

Nay, I will try to reproduce this in my own environment. Already having a suspect.

newsense

Thanks Walter, let me know if you need a file.

Walter Schulz

Unable to reproduce your error using latest MLVFS for Windows and Dokany 0.8.x.

I'm wondering why you have no profile visible at all.
Just to make sure: You are running MLVFS and have a drive letter mapped to the directory where MLV file is located? And you open those DNGs from the mapped drive (using the letter assigned via "MLVFS.exe" command) with AE?

Can you upload a short MLV and a DNG generated by MLVFS?

Andy600

T4i, Rebel, Kiss etc are regional. Adobe use global model numbers so 600D, 650D etc. It's the 'UniqueCameraModel' tag that calls profiles in ACR so make sure this tag is the correct one for your camera in your DNG meta. If not, contact the raw2dng's app dev. If the tag is correct it is 100% going to be due to the location of the .dcp. Make sure you have the latest CameraRaw installed or if you are on an earlier CS version, the last available CameraRaw released for that. Also, there is one unmentionable app out there that doesn't follow procedure and embeds non-standard tags making any standard camera profile inaccessible.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Andy600 on March 04, 2016, 10:27:59 AM
Also, there is one unmentionable app out there that doesn't follow procedure and embeds non-standard tags making any standard camera profile inaccessible.

You mind mentioning the unmentionable?

Andy600

It's the banned app that violated GPL.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

newsense

wasn't raw2dng, I actually tried that first but had a problem so went with MLVFS which is what I used. Andy, I plan on buying Cinelog if I ever get this sorted out ;)

newsense

I'm working on uploading an MLV and DNG but my card reader went out last night while copying files.