Help with SDXC

Started by lekid, July 26, 2012, 05:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lekid

Hello, I've already posted about a SDXC card (64gb) before but no help came through.

Could someone help me with a step by step of what I should do to prepare the card
to use Magic Lantern on my T3i Camera. I've read the manual... but I'm probably not doing
it right!

Thanks!

1%

Nothing really changes. You flash the .fir to make the camera search for an autoexec.bin

run eoscard and make your SDXC bootable

then copy ML files.

Daniel

lekid, what is hanging you up?  if you are on a mac, you can use MacBoot and Make DSLR-bootable.
or as 1% wrote, eoscard for windows.
current: 70D 112
old cameras: T3i, T1i

lekid

Thanks guys for the replies!

Yeah well... I guess I'm out of luck. Just upgraded to Mountain Lion and can't open MacBoot anymore.

So if I get you...

First step: I slam the ML files on my SDXC card.

Second step: I should use MacBoot on my card (DSLR-bootable) ... Not CANON-scriptable.

Third Step: Go in my camera "P" and I update it has the other cards....

and I should be good to go?

Is there another way around if MacBoot stopped working with Mountain Lion?

Daniel

first format on the camera.

if you see on page 5 on the INSTALL.pdf from the download, there is a link to the make_bootable.sh.
you can use this on the mac. you need to set it's privileges to executable. run by typing ./make_bootable.sh in terminal.
current: 70D 112
old cameras: T3i, T1i

Led

Low level format on camera first, then use macboot with 'make dslr bootable' chosen, then copy ML files onto card.
Don't know if macboot works on lion or not sorry..
I'm actually just now downloading mountain lion to my laptop so I'll let you know if it works on that..

Led

I have no extra card around here to make bootable, but macboot certainly opens up on Mountain Lion OS and the program window is all there like it normally is.