Beholder gimbal test / raw

Started by dude, February 10, 2016, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude

Hi guys,
i tested the new Beholder DS 1 gimbal, as it seems perfect for the MKIII.
Shot in Raw, no big color grading.

I also wrote a review, so check this out if you like: http://sas-image.de/beholder/

Thanks.

murrayluker

Looks like a good quality gimbal, I haven't read your review yet but the video does a lot of talking for itself. Currently in the market for a new 3axis gimbal and looking at the dji ronin m but this looks like a strong contender

DeafEyeJedi

I'd rather go with DJI Ronin M because of the extras features that comes with iOS/android apps which to me seems to be the deal breaker in here ... Correct me if I'm wrong through as I am saving up to get myself the M as well!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

cmccullum

Have either of you looked into the came-tv 7800 or the moza-lite? I like the idea of the beholder because of how little extra bulk it adds, but the lens limitation is a bummer (there isn't enough room to balance larger lenses). The ds1 seems like a great tool for the price though

dude

ds1 is half the price and size of the Ronin.
If we speak of quality, i d rather rent a professional steadicam operator than using any of this gimbal shit.

cmccullum

Quote from: dude on February 25, 2016, 12:11:34 PM
If we speak of quality, i d rather rent a professional steadicam operator than using any of this gimbal shit.
Why?

jtvision

Quote from: cmccullum on February 26, 2016, 02:39:09 AM
Why?
Quote from: cmccullum on February 26, 2016, 02:39:09 AM
Why?

Yes, Why? Watching your videos I was almost convinced that I should sell my Glidecam HD-2000 and get Beholder DS1.

dude

Because a Steadicam is a lot smoother in action.
As i wrote in my review, gimbal and steadi are two completely different things. Considering following a person , this is a steadicam one for example.
Shooting from a car, in windy conditions or with exttreme long lens, a gimbal is the way to go.