shutter speed problem?

Started by petemullins, July 26, 2012, 01:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemullins

I have the 'Christmas version' of ML installed on my 550D. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else, or indeed it is simply a limitation. I have my camera set to shoot 24fps 1080p. I use ML to set the shutter speed to 1/48 (180). If I then switch off the camera and turn it back on again the shutter resets to 1/44 (I suspect to whatever the canon software shutter is set to).
I have exposure override set to auto as recommended. Everything else as far as I can tell set correctly.
Am I missing something here? If anyone has any ideas it would greatly be appreciated...it really is quite annoying.

Daniel

i was having a different but similar issue with my 600D.  the lcd would power save and the aperture would reset to the widest setting.  updating to 2.3 resolved my issue.  so update to 2.3 and it might solve your issue too.
current: 70D 112
old cameras: T3i, T1i

petemullins

Thanks Daniel...
I think I've found the problem...I went into my  Custom Function 1: Exposure Level Increments and changed the setting from  1/2 stop to 1/3 stop. That meant I could set my T2i shutter to 1/50 which in ML world was 1/48! It seems when the camera is powered down then up again the shutter is set by the Canon firmware to the closest increment it can to the previous ML setting. At least I think that's the theory!

SuperHans28

So with 1/47 being green, I presume that is the best setting for 24fps?