RÜGEN| Canon 600D and Slow motion test 600D

Started by _OLLE_, February 15, 2016, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_OLLE_

Hi, here is my two frist videos with MLRaw. First it's a video from the past summer when I was on a trip to the German island Rügen. This is my first "kind of landscape video" and it was the first time I did walking shoots with the Gildecam HD-2000 and also my first time using Magic Lantern RAW. It took me a lot of time to figure out my Raw workflow but now I'm more comfortable with the Raw format.

Camera settings:
Magic Lantern RAW
1600x408, 2:35.1, 24fps

Workflow:
RAW → raw2cdng → cdng → After Effects (converted the footage to Log with Cinelog-C and also added a Log to Rec709 lut) → export to (Apple ProRes 442 HQ) → Import to Premiere Pro → export to (Apple ProRes 442 HQ) → Youtube

The second video is just a quick test about the "Magic Lantern RAW" slow motion capabilities of my Canon 600d/ T3i. I'm pretty impressed of the image quality, just a little of noise and aliasing.

Camera settings:
Magic Lantern RAW
1280x326, 2:35.1, 60fps

Workflow:
ML RAW → raw2cdng → cdng → After Effects (converted the footage to Log with Cinelog-C) → export to (Apple ProRes 442 HQ) → Import to Premiere Pro (Log to Rec709) → export to (Apple ProRes 442 HQ) → Youtube

On my Instagram I have a few shorter videos shoot with MLRaw that i'm actually is more satisfied with  https://www.instagram.com/olle_98/

Pleas give me some advice on how I could imporve my video!? I Haven't spent so much time on color grading but I'm really appreciate tips about color grading!

Best regards Olle

HappyBlack

Great use of sound effects, wonderful shots - love the peacefulness.
Did you apply some kind of post stabilizer, though? Sometimes some choppiness can be observed.

And the slow mo: your workflow seems to be miraculous - I couldn't notice any aliasing.
The final effect is superb.

Wish you good luck.
Keep it up!

_OLLE_

Quote from: HappyBlack on February 16, 2016, 10:01:13 AM
Great use of sound effects, wonderful shots - love the peacefulness.
Did you apply some kind of post stabilizer, though? Sometimes some choppiness can be observed.

And the slow mo: your workflow seems to be miraculous - I couldn't notice any aliasing.
The final effect is superb.

Wish you good luck.
Keep it up!

Thanks! My glidecam shots wasn't that smooth so I used warp stabilizer in Premiere. In my case i think warp stabilizer does a pretty bad job!

visiono

is that the max resolution you can get with 60fps?

_OLLE_

No the max resolution is actually 1728x694 but you will get very few frames at that resolution!