Free FCPX Tools For Grading Film/Video

Started by reddeercity, February 09, 2016, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddeercity

Hi, just like the subject says Free as in ''free beer"  ;D
I started to finish off the low budget Indie movie i have been working on
over the last 3-4 mouths , and because time is money (& production company run out of $$$ ,  :-\)
I needed a way to quickly grade all the raw file that where converted to ProRes4444XQ thought A.E.cc
(needed the the superior noise reduction! & didn't what to kill my GPU & resources with neat video)
So the fastest way of course is to work with LUTs & the "de-log function" in the info clip panel setting .
So i found some very helpful tools to get the job very quickly without me loosing too much money  :P
For LUT support in fcpx you need a plugin , and pixel studio offers one for free fcpx-lut-loader
then you can load any LUT you what even build your own thou all the free software online just search it.
Here a post on the ml forum for free LUTs color grading pack of 35 LUTs
The other helper free grading tools for fcpx comes from CoreMelt ,  bought slicex powered by mocha
some time ago and i love the tool pack , specially the "mocha" tracking and there now a limited free version of that software free-plugins slicefree

This was a surprise ! coremeltfree , you get in there Color Tools "RGB Levels &Curves" , DSLR Flat , BMCC Flat , Source Timecode , De-wrinkler , etc. ...... .  8)
Yea that should speed thinks up a bit.
Hope this can help some of you dedicated Final Cut Pro X user ,
Like Me  :D

DeafEyeJedi

Hell yeah I'm digging this big time. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to test them out and will definitely report back!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109