Sound disabled on t5i

Started by Mikexmirrick, February 06, 2016, 05:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikexmirrick

I have a canon t5i and the sound disables everyone I press record. The mic I'm using is the rode video mic. I have enabled the mlv_rec and mlv_snd enabled in the ML menu. The mic is on and is reading the audio levels in the camera. I don't understand why is it still saying sound disabled when I press record. Can anyone help me?

axelcine

Just to make sure - is audio enabled in Canon's Video Sound menu - user guide p196? You'd probably want the Manual setting with audio level somewhere a little left of the center mark. Auto is Automatic Gain Control, which almost always is a nuisance.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Mikexmirrick

It shows the audio is working and the audio level is set right. It has to be a setting in the magic lantern menu that either I have disabled or not enabled. I just don't know what it is.

cmccullum

If you are using fps override to set the frame rate, that's likely your problem.

Mikexmirrick

How do I get the audio to work with the fps override on?

coffee_king

Has the issue of the 700D not being able to record audio if FPS override is activated never been fixed from when this was first posted Feb 2016 3 three later in 2019 then?
I have the latest build of ML.
Where can I report this?

ikns

I have the same issue, I also have FPS override on and would like to record audio as well, is there a workaround for this?

scrax

Quote from: ikns on April 13, 2019, 09:41:06 AM
I have the same issue, I also have FPS override on and would like to record audio as well, is there a workaround for this?
Quote from: coffee_king on March 30, 2019, 06:06:58 PM
Has the issue of the 700D not being able to record audio if FPS override is activated never been fixed from when this was first posted Feb 2016 3 three later in 2019 then?
I have the latest build of ML.
Where can I report this?
Quote from: Mikexmirrick on February 08, 2016, 05:30:58 AM
How do I get the audio to work with the fps override on?

Not an issue, user guide
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-