650D Monochrome Picture Style Error (Wont work)

Started by Sergioam, February 02, 2016, 09:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergioam

Hello! I'm having troubble with my 650D and Ml (Canon Firmware 1.0.4 and ML Nightly.2015Mar26.650D104). I want to set the Picture Style to monochrome to take photos like that, but when I select it, sometimes it takes the photo but in color and somethimes gives me an error (Err 80), and when I turn on the liveview (In photo mode), the screen remains black and nothing shows up (This happens in video mode also).

I tried uninstalling ML but the same keeps happening. Is this a common error? Please tell me that there is a way to work around this :)
I think that this is happening on my colleages 7d and 700d with ML, but Im not shure.

Thanks!
Caracas, Venezuela

Sergioam

[UPDATE]: I've installed a new nightly build, the magiclantern-Nightly.2016Jan14.650D104 and keeps happening, the camera doesnt work well with monochrome picture style, not only the image isnt b&w but the camera freezes and wont work properly.
Caracas, Venezuela

a1ex

The only picstyle-related case I know is this one: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16529.0

Does it help if you clear all Canon settings?

Err80 is usually a message from the MPU (a secondary processor). Are you sure it's related to this picture style?

Did you use any ML features related to picture styles?

Sergioam

Hi a1ex, thank you for your quick response, Im going to reset all canon settings, This errors only happens when I change the Picture style, and I think I've never use any ML pictstyle related feature, just the cinestyle picstyle and that's it.
Caracas, Venezuela