5d ii fps override and shoots 6 seconds? Jpeg

Started by Photoguy, February 02, 2016, 01:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photoguy

Shooting In jpg only does about 6 seconds then stats shooting regular speed..the goes fast again ? Did I miss somthing? I though I could shoot as long as I want in fps override mode? ::)

Photoguy

Photoguy

Its working fine on my other camera. .what's up with the 5d mark ii? Goes fast then slow fast then slow and it gets super bright on 3fps I think I tweeker it too much what do I do?

Walter Schulz

Prefs tab -> Config files -> Restore ML default. Restart cam.
Apply settings again, retry and report.

Photoguy

:-[ still only about 6 seconds. Except it doesn't restart now. I tried twice.  :-X

Walter Schulz

Canon settings: Resolution, frame rate?
ML settings: Resolution, frame rate, modules loaded? Benchmark results?

Walter Schulz

I cannot deal with this amount of detail ...

Either go into detail and answer my questions
or (preferable)
set ML to defaults, make a clip (smartphone or else) showing cam's back (screens and buttons) while changing settings and first seconds of record session. Upload clip somewhere (youtube or else) and link it here.
And show results of
Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> "Card R/W benchmark (5 min)"

hayabusabill

on my 700d i have to turn off peripheral illumin & chromatic aberration in lens aberration correction in canon menu then is works at 5 fps as long as i press the shutter button

hope this helps

dmilligan

Quote from: Photoguy on February 02, 2016, 01:38:41 AM
Shooting In jpg only does about 6 seconds then stats shooting regular speed..the goes fast again ?

Are you talking about photo or video mode? It sounds like you are talking about shooting photo bursts in continuous photo mode. The "FPS" for photo bursts and the "FPS Override" in ML are two totally different things. "FPS override" is for video, to change the frame rate of the video recording. It has no effect on normal photo taking. ML can't make continuous photo shooting faster, it depends on physical/hardware things like: SD/CF card speed, sensor readout speed, and the mechanics of the physical shutter/mirror mechanism.

The reason it slows down is that the card can't keep up with the rate at which you are taking photos, eventually the camera runs out of extra RAM buffer to temporarily store capture photos and has to slow down and wait for the card to "catch up."

Photoguy

Okay guys I have t4i, 5d mark 2 my frames per second override feature in majiclantern works fine on the t4i using 3 frames per second. But it only works for about 6 to 8 seconds on my 5d mark 2 and there is a little rectangle box with squares in it that pops up right before the recording stops in the right hand side very small.

I've tried clearing all the settings a couple times

I guess I'll try the peripheral illumination next and 5 frames per second real quick

Photoguy

Nope...didn't work. ..it's seems the rectangle box is some kind if counter? The rectangle box doesn't show up on my other camera

dmilligan

Photoguy

Frames per second overide is not working on canon 5d mark 2...it shoots about 8 seconds then stops..white rectangle with squares on right side on screen when recording. .

Photoguy

Walter Schulz

You are pissing off people by not answering questions, lack of information, repeating some items over and over.
We (at least dmilligan and I) are unable to deal with this.
You achieved "Troll" status.