Portable ROM dumper

Started by a1ex, January 25, 2016, 09:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant123

Walter Schulz
If this bothers you, why don't you force new users to read the FAQ before they can post on the forum. It would also be possible to hide links and attachments from unregistered visitors.

Walter Schulz

I'm not a mod, I'm not an administrator. Therefore I have no permissions to change anything on this server. And even if I would: I absolutely have no intention to do so.
I extremely dislike hidden content forcing readers to register. And it doesn't work. You can't hide such things forever. Security by obscurity is a flawed concept.
You cannot make a system fool-proofed. Another flawed concept.

I simply wanted to express my opinion that we will see abuse of this gem and we should be prepared to handle it.

Ant123

Quote from: Walter Schulz on September 05, 2020, 06:15:14 PM
I'm not a mod, I'm not an administrator.
You are in second on this forum by the number of posts, so I confused you with moderator. Sorry.
But aren't you tired of answering the same stupid newbie questions over and over again?

QuoteI simply wanted to express my opinion that we will see abuse of this gem and we should be prepared to handle it.
I also do not prefer "security by obscurity".
But forcing users to read the FAQ formally shifts the responsibility for the negative consequences of their actions on them.

yourboylloyd

Hey. Don't know how significant this is, but when I try to place the sd card with portable rom dumper into the R6, the camera locks up in slot 2 AND slot 1.

But when I run the basic dumper, the sd card only works in slot 2.
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

Nicolas Apud

Quote from: monmond on August 25, 2020, 08:12:31 AM
Hi, I'm newb here.
btw, I have 6D2 and this is the text on dumper screen

via 4gb sd card.

Could you explain how to do it? I have 2 6d2 and I want to help

Gurney255

Hello guys.

My 60D is bricked. Not starting at all.  I went off and during shooting.
Display test works, Blink test works, ROM Dump successful. Still no luck to start the camera. I have tried various SDs. Now, after putting the battery in it just blinks, forever.
What should I do now?
Thank you all in advance for any suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card.
Insert battery.
Startup cam.

Status? Any activity?