[SOLVED] magiclantern.cfg file for 2.3 on 60D

Started by Jerommbah, July 25, 2012, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerommbah

Hey guys,

I'm new here, just donated and downloaded 2.3 for my 60D, seems to work great.

However, when I wanted to go back to the original firmware on my 60D, I formatted the card in the camera but then made the mistake of also deleting the "ML" folder (or I believe that was the name of the folder) with the .cfg file in it. I restarted the camera and now the whole 'firmware version' option in the menu is gone, I presume because ML is still active in the firmware but missing its config file?

Anyone got a 2.3 config file for a 60D that I can copy back and test if that was it?

Cheers and tnx,
Jeroen

nanomad

How did you manage to download the 2.3 release if you're not a supporter?  :o

If you want to reinstall 2.3, just re-run the installer as if you were starting from scratch
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Jerommbah

User status would be updated in 24h it said after payment...

I'm not sure how to reinstall when I no longer see the 'firmware version' option in the camera menu...

a1ex

Supporters get the download link right away, before their account is upgraded. It's okay.

And it's on torrents too ;)

To get back on default config, go to Prefs, delete the existing config file, and reboot.

Jerommbah

Quote from: a1ex on July 25, 2012, 12:29:17 PM
To get back on default config, go to Prefs, delete the existing config file, and reboot.

That's the thing, ML is gone, and so is the 'firmware' menu option... even when I insert an SD with ML on.

a1ex

Jerommbah

Ok, I'm stupid... overlooked the first step... in M mode, yes!

Digital Guy

So, is your 60D up and running then? I hate seeing a wounded 60D  :-[
Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on both Canon 60D's with 17-85 & 10-22 & 18-250mm lenses. Canon EOS-M EOSM-FD adapter. Crazy about HDR timelapse photography, I'm experimenting with HDR video and use Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editor and Photomatix Pro