RAW 60 fps - External monitor and global draw

Started by MortenSJ, January 20, 2016, 11:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortenSJ

Hi guys

I tried to hook up my SmallHD AC7 to my 5D Mark III thinking i would use it as an monitor, but it seems i can't get global draw to work when recording with 60 fps? Is there a work-a-round or is it just not possible? If not, what's the reason for that?

Morten

johannsebastianbach

Hi there.

I have the same question. Using a Lilliput 5D-II I would like to have zebras also in 720p mode (I am also shooting 24fps in 720p mode for better rolling shutter). Why is it not possible and would there be a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

chrisfrancia

if you turn off 'clean hdmi out' via the canon menu option 'HDMI Mirroring' then your rear LCD will not work with HDMI montior but, you will see everything you would have seen on the external HDMI montior. I don't think there is a way to have both screens on and displaying overlays unfortunately
[5D3 1.2.3 ML] [6D 1.1.6 ML]

johannsebastianbach

Quote from: chrisfrancia on April 30, 2018, 09:52:59 AM
if you turn off 'clean hdmi out' via the canon menu option 'HDMI Mirroring' then your rear LCD will not work with HDMI montior but, you will see everything you would have seen on the external HDMI montior. I don't think there is a way to have both screens on and displaying overlays unfortunately

I'm on 1.1.3 so no clean hdmi out. My camera-display is out, but global draw on the external display is off in 50p/60p mode.

chrisfrancia

johannsebastianbach

Quote from: chrisfrancia on May 01, 2018, 07:01:13 AM
ah, im on 1.2.3

And you see global draw like e.g. zebras on a external monitor in 60p mode? This might be a reason for me to upgrade to 1.2.3 :)

chrisfrancia

NO, just checked (this was previously a 'feature' i never used), on 1.2.3 with HDMI mirroring off (so the external monitor is the only one used), I do NOT have global draw when in 60P mode"

although it's worth mentioning that if i leave hdmi mirroring on (so both screens stay on) then, I can see the global draw on the built in rear LCD and the clean feed on the external monitor. hope this helps you decide.

sorry if i confused you. should have read your original post better

TL:DR may not be possible to see global draw on external monitor when in 60P mode

Kanakori

Does the image display in real time at 60p on an external monitor? On my mk3 screen it's not fluid at all. Only without global draw.

Kanakori

Quote from: Kanakori on May 22, 2018, 07:05:57 AM
Does the image display in real time at 60p on an external monitor? On my mk3 screen it's not fluid at all. Only without global draw.

Depends on the monitor