700d doesn't start only led blinks[SOLVED]

Started by prodigal-sun, January 18, 2016, 12:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prodigal-sun

Hello everyone. I'm having some troubles with my 700d. Camera screen doesn't show anything when i switch camera on, only the led blinks two times. I tried all the <<first things to do>> instructions given here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2221.0 but nothing worked for me. I also tried the portable display test and i got the following screen

-Camera : 'unknown'
-Camera Model: ??
-Firmaware version: 1.1.4 /2.9.2   21 (01)
-IMG naming: 100??/IMG_5087.JPG
-Artist: ??
-Copyright: ??
-User PS: ?? ?? ??
-Boot flags: FIR=0 BOOT=-1 RAM=-1 UPD=-1
-ROMBASEADDR: 0xFF0C0000
-DONE!

Any ideas?

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader.
Format card in cam.
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly build -> 700D.114 -> Download linked Canon firmware file v1.1.4
Reinstall Canon firmware 1.1.4
Delete file from card.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Insert card into cam and startup.
Run firmware update.

a1ex

First, try to start the camera without card. Take the battery out after each failed startup attempt.

If that doesn't work, backup ML/LOGS/ROM*.BIN from the card before continuing.

prodigal-sun

Thank you for your reply.

@Walter Schulz - Unfortunately i can't update the camera's firmware because camera's screen doesn't start with or without a SD card. I tried a second ML enabled card but nothing changed. I also tried to update ML to the newest nightly build but still the same.

@a1ex - I have done this procedure.If i start the camera without a card, except from the screen the led doesn't work also. I made a backup of the two ROM files(ROM1 ROM2) that were inside the LOGS folder. But both were created and last opened in october 7th which is a long time before the problem started(I don't know if this does mean anything). I can send them to you via pm if it is usefull.

a1ex

That's great. Let's relax for a while, then contact me on irc tonight or tomorrow evening (European time).

veeman

Did you get your issue resolved? I am having the exact same problem on a 600D (Rebel T3i).

prodigal-sun

This was not a magic lantern related problem.After a few months of troubleshooting I send my 700d to the official service centre and they replied that the camera had some broken parts inside the card slot and this was the problem that stopped camera from booting.I got my camera back today and in perfect shape. I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

hi res