Hip Hop Music Video 5D Mark III RAW - Night & Low Light

Started by zossboss, January 12, 2016, 07:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zossboss

Produced my second music video with the Magic Lantern hack!
Filmed on 5D Mark III and Canon 24mm 2.8 IS and 100mm 2.8 IS
Aspect Ratio: 2:35.1

I used Davinci Resolve to color grade, but I'm still learning! Way better than using ACR like I was before though.
Cut together using Premiere Pro and titles were created in After Effects.

I know the flickering was due to have too high of a shutter speed, which I didn't notice when I was outside being it was 14 degrees :)
I need to remember this or buy a plugin.

Does anyone else have an issue with the audio not being synced when filming 50fps on a x1000 card? I shot 1920x818 and almost every audio file was not synced in Davinci Resolve nor MLviewer. If anyone has any suggestion with that, I would truly appreciate it!

I'd gladly answer any questions about the video or if you have any suggestions that'd be great! Thanks!

poromaa

Great work! Also like the song (even though Im not that into hip-hop)
Yeah noticed the flickering. You'll have to remember to not use florescent light (which will have flicker around 60Hz (1/60 of a sec)) Or set shutter angle at equivalent (1/48 of a second use to work if filming 24fps).

Nice grade and like the intro.
Also nice gimbal or what ever you stabilised the shots with. floating feeling.

zossboss

Quote from: poromaa on January 12, 2016, 09:31:11 AM
Great work! Also like the song (even though Im not that into hip-hop)
Yeah noticed the flickering. You'll have to remember to not use florescent light (which will have flicker around 60Hz (1/60 of a sec)) Or set shutter angle at equivalent (1/48 of a second use to work if filming 24fps).

Nice grade and like the intro.
Also nice gimbal or what ever you stabilised the shots with. floating feeling.

Thanks! I'm not huge on Hip hop either and loved the song!
I was shooting 50fps, and I wanted a little motion blur when I slowed down the footage so I shot at 1/80th. Forgot to about the flicker until I was at the house, but still forgot about lowering down to 1/60th at times. Definitely learned my lesson!

I used an Opteka SV-HD for the steady cam!