Kasiyahna Kushkituah portrait // ML RAW

Started by ihillman, June 01, 2016, 05:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihillman

Hello, heres a 2 minute video I shot in Marietta, Ga of my best friends niece Kasiy. She's the nations no. 3 prospect, in basketball, for the class of 2017.

https://vimeo.com/168583668

Equipment used

.Canon 5D Mark III
.Canon 24-70mm f/2.8
.Canon 70-200mm f/2.8

Workflow

RawViewer
Davinci Resolve
After Effect (Stretch image)
Premiere: Cut, Color and Deliver

Thank you so much for watching. Feel free to ask questions, comment or just say hello  :)

ihillman.com

cmccullum

Haven't watched the vid just yet, but I have a question about your workflow. Why do you use resolve, AE, and premiere?

ihillman

Quote from: cmccullum on June 02, 2016, 07:05:47 AM
Haven't watched the vid just yet, but I have a question about your workflow. Why do you use resolve, AE, and premiere?

I use Resolve to adjust my exposure and its easier for me to convert my DNG's to MOVs. I use After Effects to stretch my images. I could use After effects to convert DNG's to MOVs but lately its been crashing on me  :( . I use premiere for cutting and coloring. Hopefully when I get a powerful computer I can use resolve for coloring but for right now I just use it for exporting .movs. Im still searching for a comfortable workflow for ML, how is your workflow?

Irving

cmccullum

I see. I've got 2 workflows that I use for different things, but they're basically the same they are:

MLVFS (mlv to DNG)
Resolve (color and export prores)
Premiere (final arrangement and export)

Only difference in the alternate workflow is that I sub AE for Resolve to color. I know my workflow isn't the best way to do things either, but I like it.

ihillman

Quote from: cmccullum on June 03, 2016, 02:55:15 AM
I see. I've got 2 workflows that I use for different things, but they're basically the same they are:

MLVFS (mlv to DNG)
Resolve (color and export prores)
Premiere (final arrangement and export)

Only difference in the alternate workflow is that I sub AE for Resolve to color. I know my workflow isn't the best way to do things either, but I like it.

Sometimes I use Lightroom to color and boy oh boy that workflow is crazy. I only use it for personal projects and I have all the time in the world..lol