new magic lantern , problems with multiple cards use

Started by david61, July 24, 2012, 09:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david61

hello, i ve just installed magic lantern on my 5d mark 2 and so far it s great, what it s been doing.
i only have one problemn, which i couldn t solve so far. i have two 5d s and two sandisk 32gb crads, on both each ML was installed, but when i switch one card to the other camera, it will not boot. only, if i take out the battery and put it back in. is this some kind of normal procedure with ML, meaning, each time i put in a new card, i have to take the battery out. or is there some default setting either in the camera or on the card, which has to be set to prevent this procedure? thanks and greetings, david

a1ex

http://www.magiclantern.fm/bestpractices

;)

Also, you really need to read the install guide - this is mentioned in 3 places with bold font.

david61

hi and thanks, i think, i ve read the manual, and tried different options, but maybe i ve read the wrong lines (or interpreted them wrongly, as i m german). in fact, i even made the cf cards bootable with eoscard, still it didn t work out. i ve saved my favorite presets on the card and switched the preferences to the menue "save and don t update automatically..) if i use one card in camera a and then wont to use it in camera b it only works, when the battery has been taken out... hmm, sorry for being numb (, but otherwise - again, the functions are great...

a1ex

See the second piece of advice and wait before removing the cards. This is very important - Canon firmware accesses the card without LED activity. You are removing the cards in the middle of this, so the camera locks up.

david61

yess it works like that... if one opens the door to take the card out, one has to wait till there is one blink of the LED.

thanks again and all the best to you, alex!