Magic Lantern Full-resolution Silent Picture Test 2015 Ultra HD 4K

Started by slicKrox, December 29, 2015, 01:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicKrox

Thank you Magic Lantern for Full-resolution Silent Picture from the live view, without working the shutter, or any other mechanical action. Your shutter won't wear down when making Timelapse Sequences. It require some practise, but after short time you will realize how good quality in can provide.

Thank you for watching ;-)

More info how to use Full-resolution silent pictures with Magic Lantern on your Canon cameras:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12523.0

Song by:
Hammoc - I can almost see you

Spooke

This is really nice, the shot looking up the tree was my favourite, lovely colours! Intrigued to give this a try myself :)

jmanord

Really nice work. I liked the temporal contrast between equivalent(?) nature/human timespans. At first I thought a contrast in music might work as well, but then decided that would have been detrimental to the visual contrast.

My only subjective criticism, which is worth less than two cents, would be perhaps a slightly more subdued HDR effect. It isn't noticeable accept for a few shots where the common haloing artifact is present. I'm sure many people would disagree with me.

What was your workflow for making the video?

Looking forward to more!

slicKrox

Thank you. Agree, some shots have been over saturated.

Full-resolution Silent Picture are in DNG format, each photo with 5D mark III is around 40mb, so for longer timelapse, be ready to have plenty of hdd space.
Shots made outside without ND filter not possible.
Timelapse with strawberry plant took a lot of time, each shot for around 10-14h with 6-8min. interval gave me ~5s. of video.
Manfrotto magic arm was big help for adjusting perfect position in front of the plant pod.
Its not possible to synch flash or other lighting with Silent Picture mode. The only option - constant light. So I used some led ring and sometimes even light of the phone screen was more than enough.
Post-process: Lightroom -> LRTimelapse -> Premiere Pro CC

axelcine

What a lot of hard work - but the result is nothing less than amazing.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass