Precious moments and Caresses (english subtitles)

Started by Francis Frenkel, December 19, 2015, 10:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Frenkel

Very short french film with english subtitles

Story :
A woman knocks at the door of the apartment of her ex boyfriend.
She tells him a strange bird's story ...
But what she wants is to get back all the precious moments she gave him ...
How ?
Have a look...

Shoot with a Canon 5D Mark3 - MLVraw
Extracted : MLVMysticV0.5
Lenses : Dog schidt Optiks :38mm / 58mm / 88mm
Editing : Sony Vegas Pro 12
Grading : DaVinci Resolve

Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

axelcine

Excellent, tres excellent. Un film noire ou les extrêmes se touchent: Femme et homme. Crime de passion!
Beautifully planned, filmed and processed, with a well-written dialogue. Of course you know Shane Hurlbut's The Last Three Minutes, which was shot with 5DII and marked the beginning of Canon's reputation for high quality movie making with DSLR's, or Vincent Laforet's Reverie, another early beautiful Canon-based short movie. I believe those two short films started the whole ML adventure, and your film is a powerful addition to the Canon DSLR Camera for Moviemaking Adventure.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Francis Frenkel

Thank you so much.

Sure, I know these two shorts, and those two directors (DOP) have been like "gurus" for me!
It is thanks to them that I launched in 2008/2009 in shooting Canon 5D for my personal and pro activities and I have not stopped since.

But it is mainly due to Magic Lantern if I still continues !
Shooting in RAW (MLV) allows me to get a final render that I do not find with other (new) cameras (GH4 / Sony A7s ou R...). May be Black Magic cameras but that would require me to change some of my material, lenses, and habits...to gain what (2.5K or 4K ?)

I've done 2k DCP (for cinema screenplay) from MLRAW with a stunning quality of image, very near "real film". The Majority of cinema screens projectors are still 2k then MLVRaw is still a very good tool.

Without ML RAW, I dont think I will have continue to shoot with Canon 5D.

Next year I will shoot my first "long" movie, shoot in Morroco with Canon 5D MLVRaw.

Thank you so much again AXELCINE.
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

axelcine

I'll be looking forward to see your film from Morocco. With the greetings of the season and a happy new year.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass