Ghost image for EOS M

Started by arcadio, August 29, 2014, 12:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcadio

I realy apriciate work on ML. Hard work and realy useful piece of SW.
I installed  ML to made better panoramas, but after I realized that ML dont support Ghost Images for EOS-M.
So I want to ask if it is hard to implement this feature for EOS-M.

maxse

Quote from: arcadio on August 29, 2014, 12:31:53 AM
So I want to ask if it is hard to implement this feature for EOS-M.
In the source code I found out that the Ghost Overlay feature is disabled for the EOS M, as it's listed under "Some Hope Yet".
Code says that there's no way to pick image, but works.
I tried to toggle it on to see if it's usable without picking an image (I know it's possible for ML to automatically pick the last taken image), but I couldn't get the branch to compile.
I'll try later on a different branch, but I really want this feature to work in the latest Crop Mood release: https://github.com/bilalfakhouri/magiclantern_hg_02/blob/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd/platform/EOSM.202/features.h

maxse

Update:
I messaged @theBilalFakhouri who released crop mood, and he was so kind to send me a compiled version with the feature enabled.

Without the gallery selection, the feature is working fine.
With the Auto-update setting enabled, the ghost image will be updated to the last photo taken. For now I could either: enable, take a picture, disable OR just keep the setting enabled.

There is no LV button (on other camera's you'd use this button to pick an image from gallery to use as overlay image), so currently there's no button assigned for picking an image via gallery on the EOS M. All buttons have a function within the gallery except for the UP button! (as far as I know). Remapping it to that button would make the feature 100%.

Here's it in action:

I recommend changing this setting so the overlay works for portrait photos as well:

Here is a crop mood build version with the feature enabled:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Juz-WlYC2txniEnBADxwyD94wScizGdG/view?usp=drive_link