Best (indoor) colour I've had to date - 5d3 + 7D ML Raw

Started by beauchampy, December 15, 2015, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beauchampy

I mean without luscious golden hours, the South African Cape, etc.. Just two cheap PixaPro Litebank 455's and Magic Lantern Raw.

Real easy colour method - DNG's into Resolve, set to normal BMD film, timeline Node is Film Covert 5207 Vis 3 - Film Convert camera profile is Resolve ML RAW BMD Film M1.

Then 90% of my grading is literally done with the Resolve Camera Raw controls (sharpening at 25-30%, shadows lifted 30%, highlights down). Be meticulous with your white balance and voila.

Sent the sound over to my mixer guy, put that straight into resolve, exported straight from there. Re-encoded to H264 using Adobe Media Encoder.

Mostly 5d3 Raw - there's a cheeky bit of 7D raw thrown in on the male third angle.

mothaibaphoto

Great. Everything, as it should be - white, black, contrast, skintones. I have 3 monitors - calibrated one and two so-so. Your video easily show the difference.

DeafEyeJedi

Damn straight up indeed it is spot on and by far the best indoor shoot and I love how you combined 5D3 with 7D together... excellent choice of colors and thanks for sharing @beauchampy!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109