Started by ruber, December 13, 2015, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruber

Hi all,

I'd like to cut a step in my current workflow tha is at the moment:

1) convert mlv with raw2cdng into dng files
2) in Davinci Resolve, convert dng files into DNxHD 444 ArriLogC files
3) edit DNxHD files in my projects

I'd like to cut step 1 and starting directly converting the mlv files in Davinci. My ipothetical solution would be to use webdav MLVFS version for windows

In my attempts, I succesfully imported in Davinci the mlv clips from the virtual directory created in webdav. And I can see the clips but I cannot play them, only see them frame by frame. If I try to play them, I get some corrected frames alternated with red warnings frames (I suppose indicating missing frames) but again, if I see them frame by frame, I can see all of them.

I have anyway put the clips in a timeline and tried to render them. The result is unsuccesful: I get a crash of the converter at the first red warning frame davinci finds in the timeline.

I guess it's a disk speed issue and I am writing for a confirmation :)

In my test configuration the mlv files are on an usb3 external disk. Should I buy a 1TB internal ssd in order to get it work?

Thank you for your help  :)

mo7ies

Just released RAW 4 PRO v5.1 with improvements and low-cost options. Free demo / updates here: http://raw4pro.com

Markus

I don't  have any experience with webdav but I know mlvfs with pismo works in windows. I get realtime playback in resolve with that.
Only backside with pismo is that it can take a while to mount large amounts of files and that you have to fix hot/stuck pixels in resolve instead of being able to check that as an mounting option. Also new fixed patern noise reduction that seems very cool doesn't work with pismo method as far as I know.