A small correction to the great universe of ML

Started by axelcine, November 28, 2015, 09:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axelcine

Hi - I have a few suggestions I'd like you to consider.

On the ML main page 100d/SL1 is marked as not supported altogether, which isn't quite correct. Okay, so it is not a nightly yet, but neither is 70d, which is marked as being in progress.

And perhaps a much more difficult christmas wish: An update of the features list http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features so both SL1 and 70d are represented. A great many questions in the various fora stem from ignorance about this very important page. It is my guess, that even the two versions for 5dIII may differ,  if even so slightly when it comes to their actual features.

Really the features page is so totally important, that one might feel, that it should enjoy a more prominent position, i.e. as a sticky on the Forum page.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Walter Schulz

AFAIK feature page is filled by a robot connected to the build system. As long as 70D and 100D are not included in ML's main repository ...

axelcine

Yes, Walter, I guess I already knew that's how the page works. So we can only hope, that the two/three ports mature into nightlies before long. But at least the little note about SL1 on the front page should be corrected.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

Walter Schulz

Without 100D firmware version 1.0.0(C) supported at all and no way for a potential user to tell if his cam has C or not?
Nope. Absolutely not! Opening a can of worms it will.

axelcine

You're probably right, but that would be the same vith 5dIII.133 - I'm pretty confident, that if I owned a SL1/c I'd pretty soon retrograde it to something more ML'ly. But as you say, we would probably do right to consider the matter thoroughly.

Walter Schulz

5D3 1.3.3 can be downgraded to 1.1.3 or 1.2.3.
At time of writing nothing can be done for 100D.1.0.0(C)

nikfreak

We just need official fw updates for 70D and SL1 to clean up the "situation".
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

axelcine

Thanks, both of you.  I do understand your concern, having read just about all the threads in ML Universe, and having seen the many good answers, you provide. Both the cams indicate a possible new Canon firmware policy - but then again you guys have worked miracles before.