FPS QUESTION! HELP!?

Started by killjoy33, November 19, 2015, 12:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killjoy33

so my canon settings is: 1920x1080 30fps
ML settings is: desired fps 29.970 for fps override.

so when I import the files to my computer its still @ 30fps but after i run it through raw2cdng and lightroom for some grading then import them into premiere the image sequence is already in 24fps.  I was hoping to interpret sequence from 30 to 24fps to get a slight slow down.  I know is very miniscule but i cant tell the difference since i didnt really interpret the footage. They just imported @ 24fps already.  My timeline @24fps and i thought you were supposed to interpret footage if it doesnt match with your timeline to get it to slow mo.

cmccullum

Somewhere in premiere's preferences, there's an option for indeterminate media time base. You need to set the desired fps there before you import the image sequence. This option will stay the same between projects so don't forget to set it accordingly before importing image sequences with different frame rates

killjoy33

Hey i found it! Thanks!  But my question now is should i keep the indeterminate media timebase @ 24fps?  cause my goal in shooting at 30 fps is to interpret footage and get a little slow mo from interpreting it to 24fps.  Does it already slow my footage down once i import?

cmccullum

im not 100% sure on that. I only know of the issue because I was trying to sync a 30fps image sequence with audio in a 24fps timeline, and things weren't matching up. Things didn't look noticeably slower, and I haven't since tried slowing 30 to 24 to see if the difference just isn't noticeable.

Might be a good idea to take this over to the Adobe forum if you want to know for sure, but I would just change that setting then treat it like normal 30fps footage