Buying cards URGENT PLEASE HELP

Started by matan_satan, November 18, 2015, 06:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matan_satan

I'm shooting with a 7d, and tommorow i'm buying CF cards for my ML raw video recording needs, and i'm torn between two options:

no. 1:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1003355-REG/sandisk_sdcfxs_032g_a46_32gb_extreme_compact_flash.html

no. 2:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1000362-REG/sandisk_sdcfxps_032g_a46_32gb_extreme_pro_compact.html

would i benefit from a faster card in the long run if i take into account that maybe someday i could shoot with another camera (and is that a good way of thinking/ are SD cards gonna take over?)

i just found out that my 7D has 80 MB/s max write speed here:

So my question is, will the faster card's speed be wasted on a body like that? Is this information about max write speed relevant on this day, or in other words, is it possible that this information has changed?

PLEASE THIS IS URGENT

Thank you,

Matko

matan_satan

so the first card would be too slow? i worked with those and it was good, but i don't know if it would work with all settings or just specific settings i used then (i dont remember)

i think it was max res in 2.35 or 1.85 with stretching... sorry if this sounds stupid, if this data can be fount online but i just dont know where to look, and i don't trust myself in these comparisons

Walter Schulz

Yes, this card is too slow to be used in 7D's fastest modes.
Second card is fast enough but
- expensive. About 1.67 bucks per GByte.
- quite low capacity. About 7 minutes recording in fastest mode.

Linked google doc is unmaintained.

May I suggest to try Komputerbay 1066x in 64 or 128 GByte? And a decent UDMA-7 compatible cardreader, of course.
You will find other suggestions for cards and cardreaders browsing www.cameramemoryspeed.com

matan_satan

the thing is, i live in croatia and our card supply is limited. tommorow i'm going to slovenia to get the cards so this is the reason it's urgent.

i will be getting 2 cards, so 64 gb in total. i'm shooting at 24 fps, not 60p.

i should be getting this card:

http://foto-klik.si/en/cf-compact-flash-cards/sandisk-extreme-pro-cf-32gb-160mb/s.html

i'm buying without tax, or i should better say, my production company is buying cards

Walter Schulz

Your decision.
But test your cards with h2testw/F3 and benchmark tools (ATTO, CrystalDiskMark or BlackMagic Disk Speed Test) to make sure you're not buying faked ones.

matan_satan

Thanks, but i don't think the shop will let me test before purchase

matan_satan

When you say fastest modes, which modes are you referring to? And when you say the second option is too expensive, do you mean that the price is too high compared to other shops, or other card manufacturers like lexar or transcend?

DeafEyeJedi

Dude... Just get one KB 128GB 1066x and test it already, will ya?

You'll be happier then.

I have a few of these as well as other brands and they are just as good if not better or worse.

Walter is usually right about everything!

Jm2c.

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

matan_satan

Solved, bought the extremes... I can't order KB because i had to buy the cards now and i don't have a credit card. Thanks to everyone