Production in Frankfurt, Germany.

Started by johannsebastianbach, November 06, 2015, 10:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johannsebastianbach

Hey Guys,
first of all, thanks to all of you for this great community.

Used:
Sigma 8-16mm F4,5-5,6 DC HSM
Canon EF 28mm F1,8 USM
3x Sachtler Spotlights
DSLR-Rig
Glass viewfinder

Workflow:
Firmware: 1.1.3, OSX 10.9.5
Open MLRAW ->
MLVFS ->
Opening the sequences in AE ->
Using the AE Plugin to stretch back the slomo shots to the right aspect ratio ->
color correction with Adobe Camera Raw ->
exporting as ProRes HQ ->
cutting and -> color grading using free luts and manual changes

The project used 400 gb of data and it needed four days on my old MacBook late 2008 to render out the clips for cutting.

The whole clip has been shot in RAW and to be honest, it was not worth it. In General it is amazing, what you can get out of the picture, but in my opinion, after trying out a blackmagic and using ProRes, I think the usability of the clips overcomes the +10% quality advantage of RAW. I had A LOT of pink frames in all possible configurations. Didn't try out 1.2.3 though, because I wanted to use continuous 60p. I just cut out the corrupted frames and you don't pay attention to it so much. Maybe for the key- or difficult shots I would use RAW again.  :)

Please give feedback   :P

marcoscodas

Hi!

I didn't care much for the music (I'm more of a Bob Dylan / Opeth kind of guy).

But I have seen feature-length movies with a less interesting plot, and that are less visually compelling, than this music video.

I loved the slo-mo shots, I specially loved the dog. The use of people's shadows to induce a foreboding atmosphere, like in film noir.

Honestly, It's quite beautiful.

I watched until the end because I wanted to see what happened in the story. That is a very rare happenstance with today's music videos.

Well done, my friend.

johannsebastianbach

The day with the dog was definitely the longest. My photographer friend always said, if you can get out one of five pictures in portraits, children and animals - one out of ten :P Luckily the dog's master is a friend of mine, who is a dog psychologist and Lana, the dog, was already used to cameras. In total there were seven shooting days and a lot more for post.

Thank you a lot marcoscodas! If you guys have any advice for the future, I would be glad to hear it  :)