ERROR : THIS AIN'T A LV_REC RAW FILE... I'm a beginner, please help !

Started by bletreuil, September 05, 2015, 08:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bletreuil

Good morning everyone,
Today, trying to extract DNG from a 6D RAW file using raw2dng.exe, I have this message "Error : This ain't a lv_rec RAW file" and he refused to convert it, so...
I see a lot of things on the internet, but always very uncomplete and complicated things... This RAW file is very important to me, so can someone help me please ?
Sincerely yours
Ben

reddeercity

Good Evening ,  :D
Try a different convertor , If on P.C. use raw2cdng it's supports MLV & Raw formats. I recommend version 1.6.5 http://dl.phreekz.de/raw2cdng/raw2cdng.1.6.5.zip   it's the most stable. raw2dng only supports .raw version 1.0 , It sound like you have .mlv file version 2.0 which will not work. you need "mlv_dump.exe" or a different convertor . Have a look at these threads : http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=54.0

LucaDeFranco

Hi there , im new on the forum.
Yes im on windows.
So here i got the issue.
I made some shots with dual iso settings and i downloaded on my PC cr2hdr ( which in the same folder got dcraw and exiftool ) and raw2dng.exe.
One i downloaded my .CR2 files on the computer i dragged them into raw2dng program but it shows me the following error "This ain't a lv_rec RAW file".

I also tried the one u suggest but it doesn't seem to work.

So then i tried to open them in Lightroom and exporting in DNG with success. Now i got all the DNGs but once i drag them in cr2hdr app it doesn't work.

Thanks for the help ...i'm looking forward to use this amazing feature.

LucaDeFranco

I have been also to screenshot what happens in the prompt.
Once i drag the DNGs in the propt it says:

Input file : C:\FOLDER (where i got the picture)
"dcraw" it is not recognized as an internal or external command , an executable program or a batch file
"exiftool" is not recognized as an internal or external command , an executable program or a batch file
Camera: Canon EOS Mark III
dcraw could not open this file