Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canneloni

So, I switched back to using Dannes already compuled build from June25th, used my 100D with the manual lens and it worked well until I got this error.
I used 2.5k crop_mode with 1920x1080 resolution and 24fps override exact fps. Not sure if it's interesting for anyone, just thought i could share.

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR(semErr)
at ./EekoApp/Color/WB/LV/LvWbAlgorWrap.c:522, CLR_CALC:ff420810
lv:1 mode:3

CLR_CALC stack: 1c8e80 [1c90d8-1c50d8]
0xUNKNOWN  @ d090:1c90d0
0xUNKNOWN  @ 3a758:1c90a8
0x0003A450 @ ff0f9e6c:1c9090
0xUNKNOWN  @ 3a480:1c9080
0xUNKNOWN  @ 3a508:1c9060
0xFF4202C4 @ ff25ab60:1c8f60
0x00001900 @ ff42080c:1c8eb8
0x0044C478 @ 44c57c:1c8e80

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2019Jul25.100D101
Mercurial changeset   : 7be4623267a6 (crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets) tip
Built on 2019-07-25 09:59:05 UTC by daniel@Daniels-MBP.
Free Memory  : 575K + 2230K
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

canneloni

Out of curiosity: What exactly would be needed to get correct preview like on eosm in mcm_rewire? "Bruteforcing" register values? I got a development enviroment on ubuntu with VS code and can compile myself. Since I have absolutely no coding skills with C (or any other language for that matter) but am willing to do some trial and error it would be great if someone could point me to where to start.
I looked through the code of crop_rec.c from Dannes linked repository and think I got a bit of whats going on there but am not to sure on where to start.

Thanks in advance!
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

Danne

Preview is working the same on 100d as on eosm last I tried. What's the problem?

canneloni

When i use the anamorphic mode, the Preview is completely distorted in real time view. Framing is to slow for me to be actual useful.
From Zeeks videos on YouTube I thought the EOSM has better resolution and preview with mcm_rewired.

But maybe I just use it wrong?

Danne

Source please of a ZEEK video working as described.
There's no correct realtime framing in anamorphic mode. That would require some heavy tweaking in registry. You could try and work on certain registrys in adtg_gui.

canneloni

Okay, I think I mixed things up then. He uses mcm_rewire, which I thought is similar to anamorphic mode. But apparently it's something different.

I hoped that I could help getting mcm_rewire to work on 100d by changing certain registries while in anamorphic mode, but it seems like I misjudged what is needed to get it to work.

Nontheless: How can I help with getting this mode to work?

Danne

Quote from: Danne on October 29, 2019, 08:44:59 AM
There's no correct realtime framing in anamorphic mode. That would require some heavy tweaking in registry. You could try and work on certain registrys in adtg_gui.

canneloni

Any Idea which would bei best to start? Form the Code Basis I figured cmos5 and cmos7 are referenced

Danne

From here I think you need to take the long route and start working adtg registry from scratch. There are preview registry etc and it´s hard to tell exactly where to look but I think I personally put in a couple of hundred hours trying to understand regs and how they are connected. Anyway. By testing stuff out you might get lucky with other regs, who knows.
And good luck  8).

OlRivrRat

When using FPS OverRide for Low Frame Rates (8 - 18) is there a way to Control &Or Just Know what the Shutter Speed will be ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

IDA_ML

Quote from: Danne on July 12, 2019, 09:30:40 AM
I will not have too much time pushing these builds. I can do it from time to time but I will focus on eosm with the little time I got for this now.

Danne,

I have been following with great excitement your latest developments with the EOS-M and know how capable and stable this little camera is at the moment.  Zeek and other people really do miracles with it!  I know, you are very busy but the 100D has not received an update for quite a while and I was wondering if this fantastic little camera has a chance to get the same update as the EOS-M soon.  Christmas is approaching, there will be lots of interesting and colorful events to be filmed and I am sure, such an update will make many 100D users, including me, quite happy.  Moreover, the 100D is not less capable but much more user friendly than the EOS-M.  It deffinitely deserves the update.

Thank you in advance.

Danne

Quote from: IDA_ML on November 19, 2019, 10:08:18 AM
Danne,

I have been following with great excitement your latest developments with the EOS-M and know how capable and stable this little camera is at the moment.  Zeek and other people really do miracles with it!  I know, you are very busy but the 100D has not received an update for quite a while and I was wondering if this fantastic little camera has a chance to get the same update as the EOS-M soon.  Christmas is approaching, there will be lots of interesting and colorful events to be filmed and I am sure, such an update will make many 100D users, including me, quite happy.  Moreover, the 100D is not less capable but much more user friendly than the EOS-M.  It deffinitely deserves the update.

Thank you in advance.
No plans, no time. About to sell a bunch of stuff, this camera too probably.
Merry christmas.

IDA_ML

Quote from: Danne on November 19, 2019, 10:53:55 AM
About to sell a bunch of stuff, this camera too probably.

This sounds very sad, indeed.  Before you sell your 100D, could you possibly try to at least improve the stability of your current build so  that people can continue using their 100D's with confidence?  This will help a lot and will be greatly appreciated by the 100D community.

Danne

Quote from: IDA_ML on November 20, 2019, 12:19:02 PM
This sounds very sad, indeed.  Before you sell your 100D, could you possibly try to at least improve the stability of your current build so  that people can continue using their 100D's with confidence?  This will help a lot and will be greatly appreciated by the 100D community.
Back off please. If you want more stability try and push yourself to at least compile and start learning basic coding. I´ve lost motivation much because of messages like the one above. I beg you, do not ask for more features from me.
Consider the camera sold!

IDA_ML

Sorry for making you upset.  Didn't mean to.  You will not see any more requests from me.

names_are_hard

could you possibly try to at least improve the stability of your current build
People don't realise that this is asking for a vast amount of work.  You don't push the Stable button.  It's many many hours of hard work, with no guarantee of success, and almost a guarantee of many frustrating, hard problems to solve.  Since this is a volunteer project that is probably asking someone to devote several months of their spare time.  Per feature.

I think people genuinely don't realise how much they are asking for, so I am not trying to criticise the people asking.  Just trying to explain why it can be annoying for devs :)  You don't know it, but you're actually asking: "Please don't spend any time with your friends and family for the next few months, I want more free stuff"...

a1ex

Exactly my feelings (and why I don't feel any rush to get back to coding).

It's probably my fault for spoiling the community with so much free stuff over the years...

Danne

IDA_ML

First of all, I would like to thank Danne for his continued support for the remarkable 100D.  I have now briefly tested his December 7-th build and my impression is that this build is quite stable in all noncroped and croped modes.  Mode switching works without any issues either.  I will keep testing and will report if I find any issues but sofar I think that this build is perfectly usable for serious video filming as it is.  Thanks again!

ilia3101

Quote from: a1ex on December 08, 2019, 08:50:32 AM
Exactly my feelings (and why I don't feel any rush to get back to coding).

It's probably my fault for spoiling the community with so much free stuff over the years...

I'm very gratufeul for and amazed by what you have done over the years, but you are right.

Also...

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2019, 11:47:41 AM
- a1ex made clear legal advice is paramount. Potential showstopper.

Working on it.

I still think of this post every now and then, do you have any updates on this?

(I don't want to restart that thread for no reason, so I thought I'd ask here to attract less attention)

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Ilia3101 on December 08, 2019, 02:24:46 PM
I still think of this post every now and then, do you have any updates on this?

Please! Don't push!

ilia3101

iliush

A new bild for my birthday! Thanks Danne

Danne

Quote from: IDA_ML on December 08, 2019, 02:23:54 PM
First of all, I would like to thank Danne for his continued support for the remarkable 100D.  I have now briefly tested his December 7-th build and my impression is that this build is quite stable in all noncroped and croped modes.  Mode switching works without any issues either.  I will keep testing and will report if I find any issues but sofar I think that this build is perfectly usable for serious video filming as it is.  Thanks again!
Only added the tlapse lua script, nothing else so if that wasn´t tested you only wasted time.
To avoid "impressions" at least keep up with commits, preferrably set up a source tree, if not for compiling, to stay up to date with commits.