Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Thanks for the tests and confirmation of what´s working and not. I will take a little time off 100D until I have i tin my hands again and then I´ll check if anything new can be added.

OlRivrRat

@Canneloni

Thanks Much for the Info & "Settings". Using Your Setup Instructions + This Mornings Build (which I had already installed before going to Forum) does Show B&Wish image in LV & will Rec for around 30sec's. You don't mention running any L'Scripts other than sd-uhs so I Did Not (Have sd_uhs set to Load Auto') & No mention of FPS Overide so also Left That Off.
   Loaded Build that You sent & Cam starts as would be expected & allows ML Menu to be Nav'd > All shows as You describe except RawVid shows "ON 0x0" > Turning RawVid Off & On shows ON 4000x568 & then a Few sec's later Cam SoftBricks & Requires Batt' Remove. Using This Morn's build with Just Your "Settings" Folder Added causes Same S'B'.
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

OlRivrRat

@Danne

With This Mornings Build, L'V' Displays Image but is Sluggish in 2.5K, 3K, 4K & 5K but Rec's only a Few Frames with CropRec On. After running 5x 2.5k 10bit iso100 24fps Script, Raw Vid Without CropRec Rec's @Least 30Sec's & with CropRec L'V' Garbles & Only a Few Frames Rec No Matter What K I select.

IDA_ML

OlRivrRat,

Please download and test the build called:

crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Feb04.100D101_test

It is linked in post 1599.  WYSIWYG preview and toggling to 10x magnification works here back and forth just fine.

OlRivrRat

@IDA_ML

That is the Build I am Testing & was referring to in My Above Post #1602.

Danne

New upload:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg208816#msg208816

Still needs some wiggling at the beginning to set ratios correctly for x5 modes but once that is done it should be a little better working from before.

OlRivrRat

@Danne

Just downloaded the Latest Build & noticed that the Script is named "eosm cinema 2:35.1" > Is this indeed correct script for SL1?
Have to run some errands so will test when I return.

Danne

OlRivrRat

@Danne

So is it just there as a Not Meant To Run Extra ?

hirez

Just started with ML.  I can seem to get focus peaking.  I enabled the feature, but what am I doing wrong.  Should I try the experimental build?

Walter Schulz

Focus peaking is working in build "2018-06-06 00:21". Toggle LiveView screens until ML screen appears.

hirez

I think I have a bug;
I just installed "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Feb08.100D101"
I enabled crop_rec and selected 3x3 720p.  everything is fine until the camera sleeps.  when i half press the shutter the camera wakes and the live view is covered 1/3 from the bottom with what look like white zebra bar.

dfort

There should be a message at the bottom of your screen when in the crop_rec menu that says:

QuoteRefresh regs if needed by open and exit ML menu...

Try that. I think pressing the Menu button twice will also clear it up. Basically you need to refresh LiveView manually with these bleeding edge builds.

hirez

Quote from: dfort on February 14, 2019, 03:16:04 AM
There should be a message at the bottom of your screen when in the crop_rec menu that says:

Try that. I think pressing the Menu button twice will also clear it up. Basically you need to refresh LiveView manually with these bleeding edge builds.

Tried refreshing, but that did not help.  I get display problems with all crop modes exept mvl1080 and mlv720.

fanfzero

Last build (march 22) seems to have problems with the sd overclock script. Anyone managed to run the 4k and 5k 24fps modes? I was only able to run the 3.5k one

Danne

Could you try enabling sd_uhs from Crop mode sub menu instead and turn off the overclocking script?

fanfzero

Will that work? It says that's only for eos m

erik1392

Quote from: Danne on March 23, 2019, 07:39:11 AM
Could you try enabling sd_uhs from Crop mode sub menu instead and turn off the overclocking script?

also does not work for me, getting only 1-2s of recording (buffer only)at any recording mode, also in mv1080p, and with older build and SD overclock script running the first recording after switching the camera to movie mode everything was OK, but when I try to record for the second time I am getting "fatal: no buffer".

Danne

What card are you using?
Can you try the new sd_uhs module on a ml build you know used to work before?

erik1392

I use SanDisk Extreme PRO, I did some testing with Feb15 build and.. with sd_uhs module, I was able to record mv1080p 12bit lossless for more than 1min..., 14bit lossless I get only around 15s, but with sd_overclock script, I am able to record for more than 1min. With Mar24 build, I was able to record mv720p at 12bit loosless but nothing more, so it seems that sd_uhs is not working properly there, but when I copied sd_uhs module from Mar24 to Feb15 build I was able to record mv1080p 14bit lossless. Are those modules between Feb15 and Mar24 any different?

Danne

Not by computer atm. Could you test other way around? Run sd_uhs.mo from feb build with script in 24th build. Want to see if the build itself is problematic.

erik1392

Mar24 with sd_uhs and script from Feb15 build works good, not even the buffer problem I mentioned before, also the 4k 1x3 works.

Danne

Ok, thanks. Will have a look.

ntnher

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have heard of ML for many years. Years ago I went to a local camera store and with no research purchased a T6i. Then I heard of ML after I had made my purchase and was never able to use ML. I recently did a lot of reading regarding the best bang for the money on cameras and decided to get a used SL1. I now have a SL1, but I'm lost as to which build I need to install. I was wondering if someone can point me to which build I need to download and install. I have a 256GB SanDisk Extreme rated at 90MB/s write and 160MB/s read.

Which ML build do I need to download? Which settings do I need to set on ML to be able to record continuous video (best image quality) for over 1hour? Thanks in advance!

**update, I found the April build and I'm using that one now.

Mando

Quote from: erik1392 on March 29, 2019, 07:43:57 PM
Mar24 with sd_uhs and script from Feb15 build works good, not even the buffer problem I mentioned before, also the 4k 1x3 works.

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't seem to find the download links for those builds.
Any guidance appreciated. With the newest build from Danne I was having problems with resos and croprec options dropping out before ever working, so I would like to test the combo erik1392 got working..