Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Ok, thanks. I think 2520x1072 will deliver continuous. Not much more in 24fps. That preset should be some sort of guideline of what to expect.

OlRivrRat

I was hoping that from that Vid someone could tell Me what I might be doing wrong.

Since, So Far, that doesn't seem to be the case & now that I have posted a Vid of how

to do it Wrong could someone who has it working Put Up a Vid of How To Do It Right ~

Please ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

OlRivrRat

"That preset should be some sort of guideline of what to expect."

Not sure just what that means. Is all I can expect, a Screen filled with Nonsense Stripes.

Danne

Turn on global draw, set RAW video preview to framing, press info button after this until you ml menu comes back. Also disable fps override.

OlRivrRat

Already had "Framing" selected & Had Tried FPS Ovr' On & Off ~ Turning "Global Draw" on makes No Diff' ~

When You say "That Preset" to what are You referring > Name Please ?

Danne

Choose any preset. See to it that gd is on framing is on and get the magnifier glass away(meaning you should see global draw front buffer). If still not showing an image use the trash can button a few extra times.
If this is not working I have run out of options and that's the end of it as I see it.
Good luck

OlRivrRat

The Question Remains > Why is it apparently working on some SL1s but Not on others (or @Least this 1)?

If only those who have it working could provide Their Settings > What's The Big Secret ??

OlRivrRat

"get the magnifier glass away(meaning you should see global draw front buffer)"

Sorry but I Have No Idea What That Means

Danne

Press info button to get to ml liveview.
In your movie clip you are not following the steps proposed in full. Until then I assume user error.

OlRivrRat

You should have noticed from most of My posts on this that I have Been Assuming User Error all along but without Complete Instructions or Settings Info I am unable to determine just what that Error is.
   I have tried the Few Things that You have suggested (I Think) & am now getting a Diff' looking L'V' > Image Broken into Cyan, Yellow & Black, Very Noisy, Vertical Stripes.

IDA_ML

Quote from: OlRivrRat on February 03, 2019, 07:39:54 PMImage Broken into Cyan, Yellow & Black, Very Noisy, Vertical Stripes.

Danne,

I also confirm the broken image in the Feb. 1-st build.  The last build that did not have the broken image and was working properly was the January 25-th one.  Maybe, you should use that January 25-th build as a staring point and then, moving step by step forward, try to figure out what change causes the broken image, i.e. after which step does the image fall apart.

Danne

Well, this means that the preview fixes for eosm might still work for 100D regarding 3k, and 4k presets. But first. Let´s see if preview is back in this version. Still stripes or not?:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Feb03.100D101.zip

Sorry, I don´t have my 100D at so I really depend on clear information of what is not working now and what was working before. I also take that not many users actually test this uploads too much so even less reason for working on it unfortunately.

OlRivrRat

Tried most recent Build, Clean, No Previous Settings Involved > Ran Script "5x 2.5k 10bit iso100 24fps" as It Presets ( ie CropRec Off & Preview Real-Time ) & get No Stripes but Very Jerky L'V' & Records Same (appears to be a Very Low FPS but FPSOvr say 24).
Turn CropRec on to 2.5K 2520x1418 & L'V' gets Wacky (Near Horizontal Magenta, Gray & Black Stripes) & turning preview to Framing makes No Diff' ~ May be more symptoms but Environ' gets Too Wacky to Recall & Record ~

Danne

I suspect either crop_rec.c or mlv_lite.c which I have been modifying lately.
Try this crop_rec.mo from january 24th:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec.mo
Just replace the old one in your modules folder.

Working?

OlRivrRat

Replaced "crop_rec.mo"
Start with "All Off" >
Run Script  5x 2.5k 10bit iso100 24fps  >
   GloDraw / LiveView turns On
   FPS Ovr' ? 24FPS + LowLight turns On
   RawVideo / ON, 2520x1078 + 16:9 + 12-bit lossless + real-time
      Rec' Appears Cont' > I stopped @ 30sec+
   Turned CropRec On & L'V' Shows Image with Very Fine Vert' Striping (Linen Look) & Will Only Rec A Few Frames

Just seeing New UpLoad > Will Try > Let You Know ~

Danne

If testing this:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Feb04.100D101_preview.zip

Check if preview will work when NOT recording and on preset 3k or 4k. If it works it will show a cropped real time preview if pressing halfshutter instead of scrambled view. Set also preview to framing.

OlRivrRat

Testing That > Console keeps showing up & getting in the way of seeing much else (Even Though it says It's OFF). Can turn it On & Off & it goes away 'til I ReEnter Movie Menu then comes back automatically ~

Danne

Ok, so keep to the other build for now then. Thanks for feedback.

OlRivrRat

Will Do ~ & JSYK > got a bunch of AssertLogs now ~

OlRivrRat

@Danne

POI > That Latest TestBuild Build would Apply sd_uhs WithOut any "Memory patches" Indicated, while many previous Builds always Indi'd Mem'Patches, Not sure if that is significant ~

Danne

That is of course vital if you want better recording times. I changed handling lately, maybe it doesn't work for the 100D. Is it not being applied in both builds?
Also, I still can't see if preview in 3k and 4k is working when pressing halfshutter. Try without applying sd_uhs patches.

canneloni

Tested Feb04 Build. I also get the console showing up when using 4k_3x1 or 5k_3x1 preset. And I don't get real time preview, still just some weird lines. SD overclock seems to work as usual.

edit: @OlRivrRat Here is my configured ML folder for you to download: https://we.tl/t-j0qTMBjswd

Put the camera in 1080_24fps canon mode, load the ML files on your SD card, install ML, restart the camera to photo mode, let the lua script for SD Hack start and after a "done" appears on the screen, switch to video mode. From there go to Movie tab, make sure "Crop mode" is set to "4k 3x1 24fps". If you press Av while crop mode is highlighted, you should see that bitrate is set to 9 bit and ratios is set to 2.35:1 . Leave the crop mode setting and switch to RAW video and press Av. You should see that Resolution is set to 4000x568 and Data format is set to 14-bit lossless. Set preview to "framing" and leave the ML menu. Make sure to press magnification once, so you get into x5 Zoom mode. You should be able to see a black and white like preview. Hit recrod and your camera should be able to record the clip IF your SD Card is fast enough. Maybe you get an older build with SD_Hack AND benchmark tool, to see if your SD card really is fast enough.

100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

Danne

All is ok then. Only framing works with 3x1 presets.
If you can find the preview build on my download section please test preview routines fo 3k, 4k. Not the 3x1 presets.

By the way. What does the console say?
Also double check that sd_uhs patches really gets patched.

This version:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Feb04.100D101_preview.zip

canneloni

Tested your build. Real time preview does not seem to work in normal 4k preset. The SD_UHS patches seem to be applied. Recorded a short video of what I did and put it together with the log files:

https://we.tl/t-I7tfCCLQ8r

Edit: Wait, sorry, didn't download your newest build (since the link did not work). Went to your repo and downloaded this and will test again. Sorry ^^

Edit2: Okay, tested again. Now there is no console on the screen and the camera does not crash, but the real time preview for 3k and 4k (no 3x1 binning) is still broken. I don't see a 5k preset without 3x1 binning. Framing preview seems to work. Also sd_uhs patches seem to work properly.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8