Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

What setting are working and what not? If you set 10bit and res to 2.35:1 and sd _uhs module to on at least two presets are working continuously.

nikfreak

@OlRivrRat please try another sdcard...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

OlRivrRat

Switched from SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s 64GB that I have been using for All theses past attempts to My PNY Elite Performance 95mb/s 128GB that I normally use in My 80D > No Joy ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Danne

So. What settings are required for you to record continuous in each mode? 9bit, lower fps, lower res etc? If you could present sonething like this we might understand better.

OlRivrRat

If I drop to 4FPS I get continuous Rec but Images Via Preview are Black. During Rec ViewScreen Holds Orig Image & Moves it around the Screen. All images on ViewScreen have Very Fine Vertical Striping Through Out.
   Even Unable to get more than a few frames in 2.5k x 1080 & now soon after a switch from Stills to Video the Shutter Closes, Mirror Parks & Cam Soft Bricks.

nikfreak

I bet you got a dozen modules loaded, stuff like raw_twk.mo and such  :P
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

OlRivrRat

crop_rec
lua
mlv_lite
mlv_play
mlv_snd
sd_uhs

OlRivrRat

Using 16Jan19 Build I can get 2.5K Continuous Rec @ 12FPS Consistently & 14FPS Inconsistently, Any FPS above that ErrorsOut Quickly, <1sec . Playback on Cam shows all Frames to be Black.

kayman1021

Hello

My aim was to help focus dots disappear and I've succesfully made a RawTherapee compatible badpixel file. My problem is I need to modify dng file datafields to make it work.

I have been fiddling with IDA_ML's raw files from post #1540
I used MLVPoducer to export 5 frames from it as CinemaDNG(uncompessed).

I opened the .dng with RawTherapee (debug enabled). I noticed in the console there is a badpixel related error. The strange thing is, it expects a badpixel file named "Canon EOS 100DMLVProducernonamenonameEF35mm f/2 IS USMCanon EOS.badpixels" to correct badpixels/focus dots.
Notice the "/" in the filename. Nor under windows nor linux let me name files like that.

I've used a program called Exif Pilot to modify/strip unwanted datafileds from the .dng-s.
Now it expects "Canon EOS 100DMLVProducer.badpixels", hurray. Focus dots in Rawtherapee are corrected.

My question is, if i use another program to extract the dng, do i still have this naming problem?
And another: My badpixel(text file) is in
X[space]Y
X[space]Y
format. Is there any known method to convert this into MLVPruducer compatible file?

I use Virtualdub deinterlacing on RT exported raw sensor data .tiff to get the correct coordinates.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14VLaBNXRIe9EJJN-7VcZVAdGU8c3Eaed?usp=sharing

(sorry for the language butchering, native hungarian speaker here)
EOS 100D, Xiaomi A1

wety67e

I test this build
crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jan16.100D101.zip

1x3 Binning : too much stretch, useless.
With Dual iso : corrupted frames

(i use 10bit and res to 2.35:1 and sd _uhs module)

mv1080p?? what is the difference with not crop mode? I do not understand.

I have sandisk pro 95 MB/s

My English is terrible, sorry.  :(

OlRivrRat

Gave 25Jan Build a Try & Still No Joy Here > Can get 2.5K to Rec Cont' @ 12FPS But Higher FPS or Res Won't Work.

hirez

Hi,  I tested a 600d with magic lantern and am sold on magic lantern but decided to rethink the 600d.  I think the 100d will be my choice.  being that it seems to be in perpetual alpha, i would like to know it this is suitable for a daily driver as long as i don't need raw or UHD.  Is it capable of good HD video and the usual photo perks like intervalometer, focus peaking, etc, etc?
Most of the discussion is all around the raw bits which i don't think will be of interest to me other than to test and play around.
I am looking for a dedicated magic lantern, cheap hobby video device that i can use with manual adapted lenses, and and cool photo features.  Is the 100d the right choice even though its alpha?
thanks

Danne

Walter Schulz

I own a 7D, 650D and 100D.
What I like about 100D:
- Lightweight
- ML feature set (apart from some lesser used features it works quite well for stills)

What I don't like
- Handheld it is sometimes too small. Not well suited for bigger lenses. Grip could be improved.
- Battery life. Boy, that is a small battery! 650D is covered with Amazon Basics but 100D is not.
- I work with tripod a lot. There is not that much room for plates if you don't want to block battery/card compartment.
- A swivel screen would come handy for tripod/macro work.
- Buttons, lack of.

Doesn't sound convincing. Not the whole truth because:
This cam is fun to use, easy to go with and a very good choice for going handheld /street photography with a not-so-bulky lens. Very, very good price-performance ratio IMO! (Mint condition: 165€, Germany)

I would go and check ergonomics first. Grip might be an issue for not-so-medium hand sizes.

hirez

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 29, 2019, 10:41:15 PM
This cam is fun to use, easy to go with and a very good choice for going handheld /street photography with a not-so-bulky lens. Very, very good price-performance ratio IMO! (Mint condition: 165€, Germany)

I would go and check ergonomics first. Grip might be an issue for not-so-medium hand sizes.

ergonomics is a compromise, but compact is a plus in this case.
650d is a close 2nd choice
165€ German  would be a no brainer, but cheapest i have seen is 350€ Germany in used condition!
battery can be charged and I rarely make extended shoots

Walter Schulz

Just saw an offer for 100D + 18-55 STM for 220€ and another (body only) for 180€. Shipping not included, though.

Oh, forgot to mention: 600D runs by Digic 4 and 100D/650D by D5. Makes a difference for some AF related features. Trap focus not running. And - at the moment - Dual-ISO not working on 650D.
Feature list: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html

Danne

new upload:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg208816#msg208816

Hopefully real time preview while in idle mode(not recording) on following modes with otherwise scrambled or framing preview:
    "3K 3000x1432",
    "4K 4056x2552",

Also check here:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg211255;topicseen#msg211255

OlRivrRat

Just tried 31Jan Build ~ Still can't get it to work & it's worse. 1st Start Up Soft Bricked Instantly.

2nd Start was fine until turning Crop Mode 2.5K & Raw Video On, then Live View turned to Nonsense,

just Stripes about 5º off Horzontal. Will Rec @ 12FPS but nothing faster ~

What Am I Doing Wrong ~~~~~

Danne

Reverted yesterdays commit. Not really functional yet on 100D. No idea what´s going on. The 100D seems more stubborn then the eosm atm...

OlRivrRat

Just tried 01Feb Build > Clean StartUp but otherwise Same LiveView Image & Only 12FPS Cont' Rec ~

Danne

We could need a movie of what you are doing with your camera.

OlRivrRat

Is there a Place that You prefer I Upload to & a File Size You prefer I Not Go Over ?

hirez

Is it possible, and what would it take to get trap focus working

Walter Schulz

Workaround in reply #365.

OlRivrRat

@Danne

Vid is UpLoaded > Starts by going through the ML Menu as SetUp under My "Normal" Operating Conditions,

Then goes back through the ML Menu showing the Changes I make for Crop Rec SetUp & the Results . 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3agy6ox3y9yjy5/2kX90201-SL1%2BMLQT.mov?dl=0