Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlRivrRat

All seems fine "til I press Rec, then View Screen fills with garbled horizontal stripes & freezes, in 2.5k the Rec occasionally will continue & a file is created but it is just the Frozen View Screen that is recorded. View Screen stays frozen & going to Canon Menu & back will not UnFreeze, have to turn Crop Mode Off to UnFreeze - Occasionally SL1 will Soft Brick > That may be @ Higher K choices
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

OlRivrRat

Also, Do get crash rep's if You can glean anything from them.

Also2, Tried the latest crop_rec.mo that You put up on Your Downloads & it will not Load. Maybe is not for SL1?

Danne

Not for sl1.
You can upload what you got.
I cannot reproduce. It goes like this. When resolution and mode is set it will record just fine. That is you should double check that correct resolution is also set in raw video. If not there will be issues.

OlRivrRat

"When resolution and mode is set it will record just fine."
That is why I asked that someone Please show 'Setup' info ~

With Crop Mode set to 2.5K 2520x1418 & Raw vid set to 2520, Raw vid displays 2520x1072 & all I can Rec is about 1.5 Secs

Danne

With all bells and whistles? 10bit, sd_uhs hack etc?

OlRivrRat

" With all bells and whistles? 10bit, sd_uhs hack etc? "

10bit ?    > Yes ~

sd_uhs ? > Yes ~

all bells and whistles? > Not Sure, as I'm Not Sure I Know just what All Bells & Whistles I'm supposed to have Turned On & Set To ~

OlRivrRat

2cents from Me >

If & When all this Fine Work that You are attempting to do for us becomes Fully Functional / Useful, it might be nice for the Res Choices to be accessible via the "av" menu so that the Main "Crop Mode" choice in the "Movie" menu can be used just as an On/Off switch

Danne

The first preset seems not so good. Will check it later. The other ones should be the same as before.

OlRivrRat

Attemps to use 3K, 4K,or 5k causes the View Screen to go Black with Diag' Rows of colored dots & No Rec can be accomplished

I'll give the New 2.5K a try in a moment

OlRivrRat

New 2.5K Rec's less than 1 Sec

Danne

Let's check tomorrow. What build works best?

OlRivrRat

I guess I would have to say that the next to the Last worked better as it seemed to Rec about 1.5 sec's as opposed to way less than 1 ~ But I really can't recall that I have been able to get any of the "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets" to work for Me & My SL1 > It is why I keep attempting to suggest that there must be some Setting or Settings that I am Unaware of that needs to be Set Differently ~ So I would recommend that You Not make changes in reaction to what I am running into until We can be sure I've got All "Settings" Set Properly ~

theBilalFakhouri

@OlRivrRat

Are you using Framing preview in mlv_lite? This can cause dropping in write speed. Try to use Frozen LV and disable overlays and run sd overclock in photo mode.

In 10 bit lossless with sd overclock you should get at least 3 seconds. I am getting it in 3072x1302 2.35:1 @ 23.976 FPS in 700D . I don't use Framing preview while recording in this cases.

OlRivrRat

@ BilalF

mlv_lite no longer appears in Movie Menu so have no choices there, sd_uhs set to load automatically on Start

IDA_ML

For those of you who wish to check out the quality of the 3x1 5k crop mode on the 100D and try to remove the focus dots, here are two shortened MLVs shot at the 3792x710 resolution (16:9) at 10bits lossless:

https://we.tl/t-bCRFQu1Ips

Shot on Danne's January 10-th build.

OlRivrRat

@ BilalF

However, in the "RAW video" menu there is a "Preview" choice but it is Grayed Out & trying any of it's settings

changes nothing

OlRivrRat

@ IDA_ML

Could You Please share Your "Settings"

OlRivrRat

Tried the 11Jan Build > Can't get it to work either > WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ??

Danne

I don't get it. What do you mean by not working? Suggestion. Set sub menu to 9 or 10bit, then add your chosen preset. Enter canon menu and back. Hit magnifying button to x5 or x1. Doublecheck the resolution with garbage can button. If it looks like a match with preset then record a file. If not, redo the steps until working.

IDA_ML

Quote from: OlRivrRat on January 11, 2019, 05:21:23 PM
             @ IDA_ML

Could You Please share Your "Settings"

All my settings are described in detail in my post #1507.  Please read them carefully and set them as described.

canneloni

Tried the latest build yesterday, it works great for me! I get 5K, but only a few seconds with framing preview on. Is there any chance to implement a feature that temporarily gives you realtime preview by holding the down button? I know we can switch between preview modes by pressing half shutter, but it does not work correctly with realtime preview option.

Now, I'm no programmer, but as far as I understand, you guys somehow "hijack" a raw stream for crop_rec, right? And thus, the real time preview does not work. Is there any chance to use a button wich is not used during liveview to directly switch between raw streams? Like, as long as I press the down button on the right dial I get a raw stream, wich offers real time preview for things like setting correct focus and exposure and once I let go it goes back to the raw stream for crop_rec.

And for post production: There is need for new focuspixel maps, right? I might be able to get you guys some MLVs in different resolutions, modes etc to create these new maps. Just let me know what you need (and I will of course look at the focuspixel thread).
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

dfort

Quote from: canneloni on January 12, 2019, 01:41:02 PM
There is need for new focuspixel maps, right?

Some of these new resolutions are not showing focus pixels but if the one you really want to use has focus pixels all over it, this post explains how to create a map file. Once you have some MLV's that show focus pixels clearly please share them on the Dealing with Focus Pixels in raw video. Note that with mlv_dump you can trim down the files to only one or two frames which makes for quicker up/downloads. (Hum--if you need a newer or a Mac version of mlv_dump you can get it from my downloads page.)

I'll help with the map files when I get around to it and once we settle down on which of the new crop_rec resolutions we're going to keep.

OlRivrRat

@IDA_ML

Your Post 1507 contains almost No Settings Info & that which is there is Vague. What I would like to have happen is for someone for whom this is functioning to Upload the "Settings" Folder from the "ML" Folder on Their SD Card so that all ML "Settings" can be Seen & Applied on the Cam they are plugged into. I, Apparently have some Setting Somewhere Set Incorrectly but have no clue what it might be due to the fact that there are no Instructions Anywhere in this Forum as to what all the Settings Should Be to make this work ~

OlRivrRat

@Danne

Using the Bits & Pieces of Setup info that I have gotten from IDA_ML & You I'm still not able to get anything other than a Few Frames > Way under 1/2Sec, of Garbled Stuff .