Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfield72

Hello, i use only 1 RAW modules and now it works Thanks.
I installed Dokany and download MLVFS_x86, now I don't know what to do with the MLVFS zip file.
Should it be decompressed? And where to copy it?

How to use
"Start it via the command line like this:
Code: [Select]
cd <mlvfs_exe_dir>
mlvfs.exe <mount point> --mlv_dir=<directory with MLV files>"

Thanks for your help

François

newjam

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have used ML for a year or so on a Canon 5D iii (mostly for photography) with good success, and recently tried it on a Canon Sl1, with the stock 18-55mm lens. Upgraded firmware to 1.0.1 and used it for some great timelapse- many thanks! But when I uninstalled ML recently the camera lost autofocus. Re-formatted card & re-installed a few times, checked and changed ML features around focus, but to no avail. Any advice on how to get auto-focus working again? Tried a different lens and it didn't work either.... Other features seem fine.

Felipe

I think that is not possible to happen, I'll say you moved to autofocus button to back button.
650D-700D

skrk

Just wondering if anyone had a chance to try to replicate the below? Thanks.

Quote from: skrk on June 22, 2017, 09:26:41 PM
Hi - possibly another exposure simulation bug?

When I enable exposure simulation, adjusting the shutter speed with the dial changes normally when it gets slower, but only registers every other shutter speed when getting faster. (The liveview reflects the numbers shown: it changes only on every other click of the dial when getting faster.)

E.g. turning the dial slower it goes:
1/1000 -> 1/800 -> 1/640 -> 1/500 -> 1/400 -> 1/320 etc.

...but turning the dial faster it goes:
1/320 -> 1/320 -> 1/500 -> 1/500 -> 1/800 -> 1/800 -> 1/1250 -> 1/1250

If I go to one of these in-between shutter states and hit the "info" button and go to the canon screen, it shows the 'true' shutter speed (disagreeing with the current magic lantern shutter speed shown) but still shows the brightness in the LV display from the incorrect shutter value.

(If anyone has trouble duplicating I can be more explicit.)
100D -- ML v1.0.1

nikfreak

Was just able to replicate it but it only happens when expo override is enabled. Rest is correctly described.

Update: It only happens when 1/3 expo increments are set in Cfn menu. If you set 1/2 increments then it won't happen.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

nikfreak

@skrk:
I've just tested myself and committed a fix to the source for your reported bug. Once a new build is out your bug will be gone. Thx for reporting. Special ones also to a1ex for suggesting the fix.

nikfreak

I've just updated the first post with a new zip based upon "unified" branch including all the latest changes since Beta_4a. Remember this is a default build - not an experimental build.
Take or leave it  ;D.

Felipe

650D-700D

JohanJ

Great news. Tx a lot

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

60D.111 / 100D.101 / M2.103

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak

Thanks a Bunch Again ~ Is it Safe to Drop the " raw_twk.mo " into this Build & give it a try ?

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

skrk

Many thanks! [edit: confirmed fixed!]
100D -- ML v1.0.1

Felipe

Picture Styles, when set to view in one style and record in another, does not record in another.
Sometimes yes, Most of the times not.
650D-700D

OlRivrRat

@Felipe

If You referring to the Ability to Have the Cam's Stills Picture Style set to 1 P'S'

& the Rec' P'S' set to a Different P'S', it does work but only on the 2nd Rec' Start &

Beyond. You need to Trigger Rec' Start, then Stop, then Start again. It should then

continue to work as expected 'til the Cam' is Shut Down & Restarted.

ORR ~ DeanB

Felipe

@OlRivrRat, Yes I noticed that, Not reliable or usable when a small crew ore one man band has to contol, Image, Audio, Lighting and Customer.
I'm more than thankful with Magic Lantern for providing so many reliable tools  to us DSLR users.
650D-700D

OlRivrRat

@Felipe

Actually is Quite Reliable & Useable once You get Use To It, Only adds 1 Quick & Simple

step to the Cam' StartUp Process > Start Cam, Switch to Vid' Mode, Start & Stop Rec, Done ~

Also, If You have Your Stills P'S' Set to Standard or Neutral, It Can Produce a Possibly Handy

Short Reference Vid if You get SetUp on a Scene Prior to doing the initial Start/Stop Rec.

ORR ~ DeanB

Felipe

Is a bug, but ok. Here a footage shot using ML Increased bit rate and crop marks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATwNfetZcy4
650D-700D

brigantes

I had been using the January build of the 10/12 bit module recently and everything worked fine, recorded some fantastic video with it. I decided to try the builds on the Experiments download section (including the previous versions june and 2july), if I use 10bit or 12bit mode it records to card fine but now live view freezes as soon as recording starts so no way to monitor whilst recording. 14bit mode works fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem/ has a work around or if this is just a bug that needs fixing.

nikfreak

sounds like CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_SLURP isn't defined on the experimental builds.
The January build you are referring to had it enabled (only on that build!!!).
For the moment you just have to wait or switch back though I don't recommend to switch back as you won't have the latest fixes included.

Note: Don't mix up builds / modules. It will only cause confusions.

a1ex

Correct - are there any reasons to keep it disabled?

nikfreak

Back then in January I released a test build for the community to enjoy 10/12bit recording and kept it disabled @bitbucket. I recorded myself just a few frames and found it to be working fine. I guess it is fine as it is requested now again and also has been mentioned to work at:

http://www.eoshd.com/2017/06/enabling-10bit-raw-video-mini-canon-100d/

I can enable and push it to bitbucket if you like.

brigantes

I'd appreciate if you enabled and pushed to bit bucket, especially if it means I'd have all the latest fixes.

a1ex

Right - and I trust this method better than Canon's implementation, so if it works, let's go with that.

I have a feeling the 70D might require it as well.

Side note: okay, so now it's clear it takes some weeks (up to one month) for something obviously broken (as in, not working at all) on a widely used feature in an experimental build, to be reported. Just in case you might be wondering why the progress is slow.

andy kh

Quote from: brigantes on July 19, 2017, 01:14:17 AM
I had been using the January build of the 10/12 bit module recently and everything worked fine, recorded some fantastic video with it. I decided to try the builds on the Experiments download section (including the previous versions june and 2july), if I use 10bit or 12bit mode it records to card fine but now live view freezes as soon as recording starts so no way to monitor whilst recording. 14bit mode works fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem/ has a work around or if this is just a bug that needs fixing.

same problem with the 70D experimental build. already reported in 10/12 bit forum. can't do more test as im out of station
5D Mark III - 70D

GianlucaM83

Hello!
Im a new magic lantern user. I installed the last build on my 100d and I tried to record some RAW videos. but it seems that there is something wrong. During recording The square on the screen get stuck, It does not move if i use the joystick, and if i touch the screen my 100d freezes completely even if i switch it off The image still on the screen Forcing me to remove the battery. So I uninstalled magiclanter. and i installed the old version "magiclantern-Nightly.2017Jul12.100D101" But it seems to give me the same problem. without magic lantern my 100d has not problem at all. what could be the problem how can I fix it?

EDIT  with last build installed:
With MLV_rec enabled it seems that my camera not freeze but the square in liveview disappear.
else
with MLV_Lite enabled the problem persists.

nikfreak

Hey, Gianluca I will just commit a fix for moving the spot box in manual focus. Without your report I wouldn't have noticed that we need it.

For the rest of your probems: please disable "Small Hacks" in advanced optionsof the mlv_rec/lite module. I wasn't able though to reproduce the crash you described.

@a1ex: we really should disallow/hide "Small hacks" for the cameras with a touchscreen (CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN).