Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

xenupy can you exactly describe all steps to reproduce your problem? Is it LUA related or what's your problem?
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

nkls

@count
Welcome back! All credits to nikfreak for the 100D port, he has done an awesome job of putting ML on our cameras.

My repo at https://bitbucket.org/niklastisk/magic-lantern is just a fork of his with dm-spy-experiments for the 100A firmware, and some other experiments.

Regarding QEMU, my latest 100D development is found at https://bitbucket.org/niklastisk/qemu/branch/eos-develop-new which currently is only a few commits (100D stuff) from the mainline repo. QEMU is somewhat complicated to use with 100D since it has an extra flash chip which must be dumped. For that there is a module, but the addresses are only ported/tested for 100D.100A. The GUI won't boot up yet, but I somehow managed to get the status screen showing once. Hopefully that's a sign of being close to getting the GUI running, but there's still stuff to do.

@nikfreak
May I ask what configuration you are using when compiling your builds? What gcc version and what Makefile.user flags are you using? My builds are always much larger than yours, and I've been trying to pinpoint the cause of the size difference.
100D.100A

nikfreak

I am using GCC 4.8.3 and compiling in Ubuntu linux (http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7579.msg134989#msg134989).

I repeatedly delete my workdir and create a fresh one and use
hg clone -r 100D-new https://bitbucket.org/nikfreak/magic-lantern

to start from scratch. So my makefile used are the ones from my repo. Public releases are based upon plain "100D-new" branch w/o further additions/experiments.

nkls

Interesting, the size difference seems to be the result of an alignment issues with some versions of ld. By adding the -N flag (Do not page align data, do not make text readonly) when linking autoexec the file size is decreased by almost 10% on my host os (arch linux), and by 5% on an ubuntu VM. As far as I can tell the only difference is that a bunch of zero padding is removed from autoexec.bin.

autoexec: $(ML_SRC_REBOOT_OBJ)
    $(call build,LD,$(LD) \
        -o $@ \
        -e _start \
        -N \
        -Ttext $(AUTOEXEC_BASE) \
        $^ \
        --cref \
        -Map=autoexec.map \
    ); \
    $(READELF) -l magiclantern | $(GREP) -C 2 MemSiz
100D.100A

redpig

I want to rec raw video but when I try this a 'hack error' appear on display,
what should I do for solve this

xenupy

Hello Nik,

the problem that im talking about is the advanced intervalometer (adv_int.mo).

it is possible to configure the keyframes but i cant start the module. I dont know if it is the module problem or the 100D.B port related.

one of my last photos:

The ideia is to shoot 20 shots auto in iso 1600 and iso 3200 with different shutter speeds (in order to reduce the noise and compose for the milky way and compose for the foreground).

Thank you  nik all your work, it was a big boost in my photo "work" when you port magiclantern to this camera.

I will buy a FullFrame soon, but i need to know if the camera can receive magicLantern software, if not, i will not buy it.

reylo

Hi.
New user here. I installed the 100d.100c version. After testing a bit i noticed that raw video function is not there (am i missing something?). While reviewing photos and clips on the camera, it stops functioning, with the red led constantly on. I have to restart the camera by taking out thebattery and putting it back in.

I have some crash logs but i'm not sure how tu upload them here.

Thank you.
EOS 100D.100C

samcameron

Hi Nikfreak,

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem I mention before?:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg166817#msg166817

It would be great if we could adjust the speed so we can have 48 FPS on that mode. Any plans for this?

Thanks.

nikfreak

Sam atm I recommend using default FPS (50 or either 60fps) for 720p H264 HDR video.
Unfortunately I was recommending to use crop mode for HDR recording but examining the timers again it looks like SL1 and EOSM both are able to achieve ~48fps on the camera display while in crop mode but not while recording. The fps values shown in ML menu while in crop mode can't be achieved during recording.

Oxonion

I just buy a 100D, i would like to know if the raw video is now stable to use/record for long rush ? Thanks ! :)

bplimley

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help, I've tried all the builds and the 100c is the only one that does anything, but then this comes up:

https://imgur.com/gallery/SXJ0b

Help!?

darkskies

I have the 100D c version and tried FPS override set to 3 works well and at the same time I used Qdslrdashboard on my iPad and was able to save the video wirelessly to my iPad through a Tp-Link MR3040 Router with the Qdslrdashboard custom firmware on it ....now I can do some videos and upload them to YouTube within mins on making it .....this works well for the 100D but on my canon 5D mark 2 I can't save the videos to my iPad ...hoping that Zoltan may fix this in the future.

ygrabo

Hi guys!
This might not be the correct thread (please transfer elsewhere if necessary), but I feel it might fit in here.
I have a problem with my 100D that might get resolved by you folks here.

The problem is as follows (without or without ML):
- As soon as I want to take a photo, the camera says "please change the battery pack" and I have to switch it off
- It also happens with the self timer (as soon as I press the shutter, not after the countdown), when touching the screen or with the audio trigger
- It happens with or without lens (AF/MF)
- Focusing works
- It does not occur when filming of viewing images
- It happens with two batteries and is always reproducible.

My understanding is that the is nothing wrong with the batteries (as I can film for "hours" with them), so it must be software related.
As there is no new firmware (that I know of) for the 100D, I can't update it and hope that that fixes it. So I tried magic lantern, hoping that that might fix it. Of course it does not.
My question is: Is there a way I could fiddle an original firmware that you guys extracted (I don't know how you do this amazing magic lantern stuff) on my camera? For example using the "uninstall" function after replacing the *.bin in the ML folder or so?
If it is of any help, ML firmware 100A does not work, but 100B does (and it is so far great when filming).

Warranty for the cam is gone and the only reply I get from Canon is "we can't give you a price, send it in and we will make an estimate (that i have to pay)".

Thank you for any suggestions!
French & german photographer, now living in the UK
EOS 1D Mk IV & EOS 100D.100B
www.ygrabo.com

a1ex

Interesting issue. Let's ask nikfreak to prepare a debug binary based on the dm-spy-experiments branch, so you can get some debug logs to see what's going on. As long as the message is on the screen, DryOS is running and ML should be able to save a log, even if the UI is unresponsive.

Another test to do: block the shutter button with gui_uilock(UILOCK_SHUTTER) and check whether you can press it without battery issues (to make sure the button itself is not shorting anything). Nikfreak: can you include this command in the debug binary as well?

nikfreak

Quote from: ygrabo on September 04, 2016, 02:00:53 PM
So I tried magic lantern, hoping that that might fix it. Of course it does not.

If your issue existed before ML than ML won't fix your issue. Also got 100D.100B and don't have your issue. So it's not software relatd. Your battery (pins / door or whatever) seems to have an issue. At least this is what google tells me when searching for your issue. I can ofc provide you with the special build a1ex asked for tomorrow.

ygrabo

Hi guys, thank you for your replies so far!

Quote from: a1ex on September 04, 2016, 03:15:27 PMInteresting issue. Let's ask nikfreak to prepare a debug binary based on the dm-spy-experiments branch.
I have no idea what you just said :D

Quote from: a1ex on September 04, 2016, 03:15:27 PMblock the shutter button with gui_uilock(UILOCK_SHUTTER)
Sorry, I am a noob with this. Do I have to fiddle around in some code? I could not find anything in the menus.

Quote from: nikfreak on September 04, 2016, 05:02:20 PM
If your issue existed before ML than ML won't fix your issue. Also got 100D.100B and don't have your issue. So it's not software related. Your battery (pins / door or whatever) seems to have an issue. At least this is what google tells me when searching for your issue. I can ofc provide you with the special build a1ex asked for tomorrow.
I was hoping that ML runs its alternate code based on a correct basis that comes with it... One can dream :D
With software I rather meant "not hardware". Nothing to do with ML, just code. I guess...
On physical inspection, the pins, batteries (new) and door look good. Everything else is functional, except pressing the shutter button.
I check google, but I might have got country specific answers which were... useless.
Thanks for the build but as I am a noob, I will need a bit of instruction  :-\
(I am not a full noob regarding computers as I build my own computers, modified html, css etc. on my website and in general I am a fiddler. But I am new to ML, have no idea on what basis this works and so on. Just so you know :D Not great but better than average lol )

(might be worth putting this in a separate thread not to "spam" this one? )
www.ygrabo.com

nikfreak

ygrabo I suggest you buy a 3rd party battery and try that out first. If you still got the errors we can try a debug binary.

@ALL: I updated first post with a new build. read changelog.

ygrabo

An alternate battery was already bought and tested. same thing.
www.ygrabo.com

Felipe

650D-700D

fbaux

EOS 100D.101 (2018-02-27) + Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/4-5.6 IS + Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4.0-5.6 IS II + Eye-fi card

nikfreak

dito for 70D and now for 100D, too:

http://www.canon.de/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos_100d.aspx?type=firmware

Gotta have to update the builds. This will allow us to be part of the official nightlies soon. Best thing is that the amount of ports I manage will decrease from 5 revisions to 2 which will allow me to pick up a new port  8)

DeafEyeJedi

Perfect timing I must say. As the saying goes ... Less is More!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

skrk

( If anyone's curious like I was, the Canon update seems a minor lens compatibility thing only: http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0400270502.html )

I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL FOR THIS PORT AND ML IN GENERAL. THANKS!

Question re: RAW video -- like a poster above, I am unable to get it to work on my 100D. I'm using a UHS-1/Class 10 card, so I'm not expecting high-res recording. I have it set for 960x540, 16:9, 128MB warm-up, extra hacks on, buffer fill method 4, reserve card space on. When I record it does not skip any frames, but it gives the "hack error" the other poster described, and no file is created. I can figure out a way to record the hack error if that would be useful.

Anyone having success with this? Anything I can do to help debug?

Many thanks,
-s
100D -- ML v1.0.1

Felipe

Great, but seems like the only update is compatibility with some old lenses, not even STM
650D-700D

nikfreak

Ok everyone. This is the build for all of you running 1.0.1 firmware version. I updated firmware myself yesterday to 1.0.1 and spent some hours for updating ML to 1.0.1. If you got time to help me in testing then download this:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9Mu66yg5QzRUEdCNE5VRWJXU2M?usp=sharing

It will only work if you are running firmware version 1.0.1. I will update the 1st post once I receive positive feedback.