Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfort

dfort

@nikfreak

Do you have a build that includes this commit?

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/2e5367a0aa815d5945c6ba6bae4ba01f773401f2

It is needed for the focus pixel fixer to work properly.

Or I could build it myself. Is it included in the 100D-new-test branch of your Magic Lantern repository?

JotaPe96

I'm from Europe, i have a canon 100D but mine uses the A firm
100D.100A

MS96

Quote from: JotaPe96 on January 21, 2016, 06:31:47 PM
I'm from Europe, i have a canon 100D but mine uses the A firm
How long ago did you bought it;
100D.100C?

nikfreak

Guys I would prefer stopping discussions about fw revisions. You might want to check the source and platform trees. One of the files in each platform dir contains short details to ICU date which I used to name the revisions as I worked with the dumps one by one.

Quote from: dfort on January 21, 2016, 04:36:39 PM
@nikfreak

Do you have a build that includes this commit?

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/2e5367a0aa815d5945c6ba6bae4ba01f773401f2

Not yet as I am struggling to find the root cause for the bitmap buffer going nuts on this cam. These appear as artifacts while ML menu is open in LV/MV only. The fix is to press play and return but edmac channels will go nuts too (a dozen of them will become red marked and show 514x514 for each edmac channel in debug menu). After taking a pic the artifacts will return ofc. Additionally the screenshot function will return a black blanked file output in LV/MV mode. Spent most of the time while working on 100D on this issue - a felt or even really hundred hours if not even more :P Turning circles checking consts / stubs. all appears to be right.
Mysterious part is that it doesn't happen always. Let's say 50/50 when switching from photo mode to LV/MV back and forth.

As written in PM you might give it a go yourself ofc too.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

JotaPe96

100D.100A

jimmyyoung

just wondering about the audio monitoring?, I have downloaded onto my 100d using the A firmware, but it does not have an audio menu, just wondering if that's a bug or it has not been implemented?

Thanks!

axelcine

Just like 650D/700D and other newer cams the 100D hasn't got the hardware or the audio out for headphone. I have been recording exterior sound for a long time, either using a small stereo audio recorder or a mike like Saramonic Vmic Recorder (has slot for micro-SD and headphone socket) that can either be mounted on the cam and plugged into the cam's mike socket or placed wherever the sound is created. You can set up the mike on a table during an interview and then sync with cam's (poorer) audio.

The Audio menu in ML mirrors the cam's possibilities - even my 5D3's have only 3 lines in Audio.

Good luck.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

jackassforlife

Hello,
I just tried to install ML but every time I get the message "incorect firmware version" for version A and B. So, I probably have a version C or D?
I can not wait to install it :) Thanks

JordanpPage

Hello,
I am still new to ML, and have been following this post for some time. I have looked all over the internet, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to make a backup of the stock software so if I decide to finish testing the alpha on the SL1/100D I can go back?

Walter Schulz

Wrong conception. Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ
During ML installation your cam's firmware will get copied to card for backup/disaster recovery.

JordanpPage

I see, I see. Interesting method. I am used to flashing firmwares to calculators and the sort. In addition, It appears I have a type C firmware, as A and B do not work for my American SL1 bought around November.

nextlabelindonesia

I'm Using CANON KISS X7 (Black), Cannot install magic lantern using firmware [magiclantern-Nightly.2015Oct26.100D100A] & [magiclantern-Nightly.2015Oct26.100D100B]...The error message is :

-----------------------------------------------

MAGIC LANTERN
Incorrect Firmware Version.
Expecting a Canon 100D, With Firmware Version 100A
Please try installing ML For 100D 10AA

You may now remove your battery.

-----------------------------------------------

Please, Need help trouble. Thanks...
Canon Kiss X7 kit User - Canon Kiss x5 kit User - Canon Lens 50mm1.4 - Canon Lens 50mm1.8 STM - Canon Lens EF 17-40 f4L - Stabilizer (DIY) / Glidecam (DIY) / Steadycam (DIY) / Slide (DIY)

nikfreak

You got the yet to be supported "C" firmware revision on your cam. Good news is that we were able to boot it up once on the cam - though without the ML menu working. So we are not far away from getting it supported. There's still no ETA I can give. I am working on it but I don't think it will be within days - it's more like weeks for a public release of the " C" rev as I need to fix "A" and "B" first and then replicate the fixes to "C". Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to deal with it.

Ofc best thing would be if Canon finally would release a fw update. That would save me lots of time and trouble. Til then you have to accept it like it is and watch out for this thread title as it will get updated once "C" is ready for the public
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

nextlabelindonesia

OK nikfreak, Thanks very very thanks for your job.... I am from Asia , many waiting add-ons firmware for Canon Kiss X7 Magic latern publics download...
Canon Kiss X7 kit User - Canon Kiss x5 kit User - Canon Lens 50mm1.4 - Canon Lens 50mm1.8 STM - Canon Lens EF 17-40 f4L - Stabilizer (DIY) / Glidecam (DIY) / Steadycam (DIY) / Slide (DIY)

dfort

samcameron and I got together on Sunday and checked out differenced between DeafEyeJedi's 'A' version SL1 with Sam's 'C' version camera. Here's something interesting that we found on the label where the serial number is located:

Upper Left 'C' Version and Lower Right 'A' Version

C upper left A lower right

You can click on the flickr link under the photo if you want to take a closer look.

Maybe Rebel SL1 / 100D / Kiss X7 users can check to see if the A/B/C firmware cameras can be identified by that label?

JotaPe96

My camera is the "A" version and that label matches DeafEyeJedi's one :D

100D.100A

dfort

I wonder what the flipped 'R' in 'AR46' means on the 'A' camera. Feels like we're trying to crack the DaVinci Code. (See it is a conspiracy!)

Walter Schulz

АЯ46 -> A -> cyrillic a
         -> Я  -> cyrillic ya

-> Russian electric/electronic standard, AFAIK. 

dfort

So there are Russian symbols on a camera destined for the Americas?

I found this Canon press release about their, 'Three Regional Headquarters System' which are:

• Europe
  • The Americas
  • Japan
  • Asia and Oceania
Uh--who's counting?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: dfort on February 08, 2016, 09:05:10 PM
So there are Russian symbols on a camera destined for the Americas?

Icons to the right are for Russia and symbol to the left is Korean. See https://www.hmisource.com/otasuke/download/certification/agency_markings.htm

EAC replaced GOST-R in 2013 (see link).

dfort

Good find. This makes things even more confusing.

Still, I wonder if maybe the firmware version (A, B, C) can be determined by that label.

haas

I have a C version, bought in Europe. But the label is the same as that of JotaPe96.
I fear that the version can not be defined by the label.

100D.100C

JotaPe96

I'm from europe too. I think that you're right... Maybe this label have nothing to do with the versions
100D.100A

dfort

Another conspiracy theory busted.

@haas Doesn't your camera have a serial number? I'm taking it that it just didn't show up in the photo?