Canon 100D / SL1

Started by nikfreak, October 19, 2015, 10:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welles

@indra, hello:) I installed ML a week ago, it's blowing my mind! I would encourage you to test the new MLV raw format instead of the legacy RAW. I also get the flickering of the screen, a fraction of a second every five seconds or so, while navigating the ML menu. Not disturbing once I got used to it.

Another little thing, although I do not know if it is 100D specific, or if I could fix the layout myself in some menu: the histogram and DOF info together are overlapping a little bit and flickering, one over each other:

Update on the tested stuff:

ML menu: flickering of the screen, a fraction of a second every five seconds or so, while navigating it.

Modules tested:
arkanoid: OK
bench: OK
ettr: OK
mlv_rec: OK, but 23.976 fps recorded as 23.972 according to MLVFS
raw_rec: OK

Expo:
Auto ETTR : OK

Overlay:
Zebras: OK
Magic Zoom: OK
Cropmarks: OK
Histogram: OK, overlapping and flickering with DOF info
Waveform: OK
Vectorscope: OK

Focus:
Follow focus, arrows : OK
Rack focus: OK
DOF info in LiveView: OK, overlapping and flickering with Histogram

Movie:
Crop mode: OK
RAW video (MLV): OK up to 1440×602@25fps
100D.100B / EF-S 10-18mm IS STM / EF-S 18-55mm IS STM / EF-S 55-250 mm IS II / EF 40mm STM

Welles

Update on the tested stuff, minor bugs (or surprising things to me) found:

• ML menu: flickering of the screen, a fraction of a second every five seconds or so, while navigating it in move mode, or in liveview while in photo mode.
  • ML LiveView: the histogram and DOF info together are overlapping a little bit and flickering, one over each other
  • The date of the written files on the FAT filesystem on the SD card is UTC, not local time. I don't remember if it is the same behavior with the stock Canon firmware.
  • Post Deflicker: the first character of the XMP file name (IMG_xxxx.XMP) does not match the CR2 one (_MG_xxxx.CR2).

Modules tested:
arkanoid: OK
bench: OK
deflick: OK
dual_iso: OK
ettr: OK
mlv_rec: OK, but 23.976 fps recorded as 23.972 according to MLVFS
raw_rec: OK

Expo:
Auto ETTR : OK

Overlay:
Zebras: OK
Magic Zoom: OK
Cropmarks: OK
Histogram: OK, overlapping and flickering with DOF info
Waveform: OK
Vectorscope: OK

Shoot:
Intervalometer: OK
Post Deflicker: OK, the first character of the XMP file name does not match the CR2 one
LCDsensor Remote: OK
Audio RemoteShot: OK, a bit too sensitive imho.
Motion Detect: OK
Mirror Lockup: OK

Focus:
Follow focus: OK
Rack focus: OK
DOF info in LiveView: OK, overlapping and flickering with Histogram

Movie:
Crop mode: OK
RAW video (MLV): OK up to 1440×602@25fps (green flag) / 1344×338@50fps (yellow flag) (stretch 1.67)
100D.100B / EF-S 10-18mm IS STM / EF-S 18-55mm IS STM / EF-S 55-250 mm IS II / EF 40mm STM

gangs00724

*Bug Report Sheet*

Regarding: (01st May 16) Beta_2b

Expo features
- Auto exposure -> Can't adjust the maximum value by main dial (does it means the dial that contain M Av Tv P ???)
I can't find any button or wheel to adjust the maximum value.
100D.100B

sagara587

I tried using focus peaking while connected to a 7" monitor. It seems to to be a little bit off, and I've been getting random dots flashing on the same spot in the bottom half of the screen. Here's what I have the settings on for peaking

filter bias        - strong edges
image buffer   - low-res
threshold        - 0.1%
color                - green
grayscale        - off

here's a shot of my screen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocoan87i3vz22eh/IMG_5118.JPG?dl=0

using 100D.100B

100D.100B

vanyatwo

100D.100B is ok for me, didnt see firmware with SD Adapter - MicroSD, only with SD card.
Will test it :)

mamour007

Hi,

i have installed the firmware (b) but i don't see any difference in my menu?

How to see the follow focus by example?

TY

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ/User Guide
Press trashcan button ...

mamour007

Thank you.

i find it now.

But doesn't change something. I change but never see the red ligne for de focus peaking

vanyatwo

So, 100D.100B.
My aim of ML - is to shoot timelapses. Trying to test this feature today, but what I see - I can't block mirror, only delay it.
How to block mirror (Mirror LockUp) for all time of intervalometer job?

Walter Schulz

Search for FRSP and Intervalometer. Caveat: You cannot use trigger "Half-press shutter" in Intervalometer in combination with FRSP. Use "Leave menu" instead.
Other method for timelapse with MLU: Movie mode with FPS turned down.

vanyatwo

I need shutter speed more than 1 sec, so lowed FPS of video not for me.
And Silent Pict don't available in this firmware.

Walter Schulz

Load latest version, open Modules tab, enable Silent.mo.
Retry.

darkskies

C version ....I format card and magic lantern disappears .....have to load magic lantern on again hope this info helps ....on my 5d2 if I format the card magic lantern stays on the card after a format .

sndofsilence

Hi,
I'm using my 100d without ml because i want to wait stable version. But while i'm waiting i have a question;
Is dual iso working with current release? I'm waiting dual iso since i bought my 100d & i'm very impatient for this feature : )
Thanks for your comments from now.
With all my respect to all this community

btw: My English not well. Sorry about that.

cubalibre0975

Hi my friends, hi tried with success the latest revision of ML in my eos 100d rev.B, but i realized that, after changing various settings,  the proximity sensor of lcd is not working correclty anymore. I tried  to restore settings (all of them, camera, cf and magic lantern). Nothing helped. Tried even to reinstall old version of ML but without success. Does anybody else had this issue. The problem is that if i enable auto lcd off, the sensor seems now not sensible enough and it turn off the lcd imediately, even if i don't put the eye on the camera. It is very annoying. I would like to try to reinstall the original firmware of the camera, but i don't know if it is possible, and i can't find any file for that. Thank you in advance.

JohanJ

@cubalibre0975: Did you try to uninstall ML by running the firmware upgrade again and just waiting for 60 sec.? This to figure out whether the problem is ML related or not.
60D.111 / 100D.101 / M2.103

nikfreak

No problems here with lcd sensor on my dev camera which is 100D.100B

Quote from: cubalibre0975 on June 28, 2016, 03:47:29 PM
I would like to try to reinstall the original firmware of the camera, but i don't know if it is possible, and i can't find any file for that...

that's the reason of dealing with the 3 firmware revisions. we got no official firmware release from Canon.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Felipe

650D-700D

cubalibre0975

@johanj: yes i did twice.
Quote from: nikfreak on June 29, 2016, 06:40:39 PM
No problems here with lcd sensor on my dev camera which is 100D.100B

that's the reason of dealing with the 3 firmware revisions. we got no official firmware release from Canon.
I see... So whar are the two rom.bin filed saved in /log directory for? Is it possible to use those to recover something? I am quite sure i never had this issue with previews revision. And i am quite sure it happened after changing deep settings...

ctaylor

I'm new to the forums. Sorry if this is irelevent.
How stable are the current builds and how soon is a stable release expected?

Chris.

DeafEyeJedi

Beta-2b is just as stable as it gets. Unless you prefer to learn all the bells and whistles after it finally makes it into the Nightlies when you could simply play with it now. It basically morphs this tiny beast into a legit RAW killer!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Felipe

650D-700D

lherrainz

Hi, i'm new here, I installed ML yesterday in my SL1 and works great, today I'll do more tests.
Canon M2 (waiting for ML), SL1.110c
Canon 300 F4L IS, 85 1.8, 20 2.8, extender 1,4x II & 2xII, 55-250 stm, ef-m 18-55 y 22, sigma 30 1.4, 430 ex II x2, st-e2, 18-55 stm.

canneloni

Works great for me too! Before, i had problems with the installer. Now everything works great, thank you very much nikfreak!
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8