Customize Clear Overlays

Started by Kharak, October 17, 2015, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

Hey.

I wanna ask for a feature regarding the Clear Overlays.

When shooting Low Light scenes with lighting placed on certain objects/talents in a scene, it is very distracting with the RAW zebras showing underexposure all over the image, for instance if you wanna make high contrast shadows on someone's face and the Zebras come crawling in all over the face and the background. The Zebras make it very hard to Compose the shot. I use Clear Overlays a lot, but having everything clear of the screen also means the framing disappears and I get a 3:2 framing when I might be shooting 2:20:1 or 16:9. I have the Clear Overlays set to Half Shutter button, but I also notice that when I click Half Shutter that RAW zebras disappear first for about 1 second and the rest of the information remains for another second, for instance the most important part the White Rectangle showing the Actual framing and then ofcourse all other information like ISO, Shutter, fps etc..

So I am wondering if one of the developers here could add a little customization to the Clear Overlays so that one can choose if it should clear everything or Just certain things and in my case just Zebras. It seems to already be removing the Zebras individually before removing the rest, so hopefully it wouldn't require too much work.

5D MK III.

Thanks.
once you go raw you never go back