What do the user classes mean?

Started by Marsu42, September 26, 2012, 07:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

I know supporter means you have paid some $$$ for ml ... but what does contributor (yellow bar) or developer (green bar) mean, and what does it take to be acknowledged as such?

Malcolm Debono

Developer refers to someone who's written (developed) any code related to ML (such as specific features).

Contributors refers to someone who helps (contributes to) ML through other methods such as creating tutorials.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

Marsu42

Quote from: Malcolm Debono on September 26, 2012, 08:27:16 PM
Developer refers to someone who's written (developed) any code related to ML (such as specific features).rials.

Ah, thx for explaining :-) ... though I've just been told it takes more than one patch to be a developer, it's not a over-night decision.

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

drapeama

Just curious, is there a list of user classes, in which the selected range is listed?  Like: 0-99 = New Membe
[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]

axelcine

The most important partner in the ML universe is the user - the girl or the boy who exploits the Magic... Lantern or light or scenery or girl or whatever, and succeeds because of the ML software. The hundreds of thousands of people, who have downloaded ML only feed back what amounts to the top of the iceberg in this forum - but that feed back is what the developers, supporters, hero members, documentarists and programmers thrive on. We enjoy the software and the user input, videos and photos, comments and suggestions, and every day we sift through the latest posts in order to understand ML better, to see what you guys are able to do with ML, and how to handle our gear better. There is an enormous community of photographers and cinematographers out there, who have benefitted from ML, and in the process have set new standards for the way we're able to do things with our cams. I don't have to be a hero member or somesuch - I'm happy and privileged to be a ML user.

Enjoy this magnificent little video http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16143.0
and enjoy how this guy tells us a story with very simple means. And ML - of course.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass