Is anybody using the T1i with Magic Lantern?

Started by nothing, August 02, 2012, 09:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothing

I'm interested in the possibility of using the T1i as an additional camera on multi camera shoots. Is anyone using the T1i with Magic Lantern?

I'm particularly interested in experiences shooting with the T1i using FPS override. I assume that audio is disabled when shooting 24 FPS with the T1i - are there any other major issues? Does the video otherwise match well with other Canon DSLRs?

What might I be overlooking?

Pyrofer

I think the T1i is the 500D right?

That's what I have.

All works well, I get 30fps Max, but under framing works well right the way down.

I am very impressed with the video quality, I love the camera and ML works wonders on it. If you vary the framerate you need to disable audio, I think ml 2.3 has an auto-disable for modified fps rates.

b4rn1k4

I'm using the T1i/500d with Magic Lantern. It's awesome.

I decided to give fps override a shot yesterday, since I only recorded in 720p - 30fps, I was curious if I could get 24fps out of it. Even though I set it to 24fps, the exposure was set to 1/48, when I tried to sync the H1 audio with the video, I couldn't succeed. I'm using Premiere, and I opened a sequence of 720p, 24fps, and it said that the imported files do not match the sequence settings, when I tried adding them to the timeline... Ok, I tried Make new sequence from clip. - but that gave me 30fps! Then I checked in Windows Explorer what the fps was and it said 30... I quickly did another test shot being sure I set it to 24fps and it still said it was 30, when I viewed it on the computer.

As with synching the audio, the video seemed to end sooner than the audio did.

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone use FPS override successfully, getting 24fps with 720p on a 500d/T1i? I'd be curious of other methods. :)

Malcolm Debono

If I remember well, you need to interpret the footage in Premiere to 24fps since it's still seen as 30fps. Try it and see if the audio syncs successfully.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

beatsgo

FYI another use for FPS Override is timelapsing. See video for example: