My 60D don't open. Please help, it is like dead. (watch video)

Started by mgy, October 14, 2015, 01:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgy

Sorry for my English.
I hear magic lantern 2 days ago. I want to try it for only one day. But in one hour my cam dead. I format my second SD card with cam, than doing other step. And magic lantern working on my 60D. I trying some menus, some features. Suddenly my cam stop. I try open again with SD card, without SD card, with another ML installed SD card, with another empty SD card.... It isn't open. Only with firs ML installed SD Card, SD card led blinking 3 or 4 times..  Please help, in Turkey 60D is very expensive machine for me I can't buy it again. I earn nearly 850Dolars for a month.

Please watch the video. What can i do? Please tell me step by step. Or am i send it to service?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leQt2DV62KY

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card. Insert battery, do *not* insert card and startup cam. Results?

mgy

I try this too. Result is bad. İt still doesn't open... Nothing happen.

Walter Schulz

Insert your ML card into cardreader. Rename Autoexec.bin to Autoexec.ml and copy autoexec.bin found here to card. Insert card to cam and just close compartment door. Do you see the display test screen? You don't have to turn on the cam!

After testing remove battery and remove card from cam!

mgy

mgy

it says
-Camera: '60D'
-Camera Model : Canon EOS 60D
-Firmware version: 1.1.1/3.3.7 6C(2f)
-IMG naming: 100CANON/IMG_6117.jpg
-Artist: ... (showin full my name, i don't write here)
-Copyright: Izin alarak kullanın!
-Boot flags: FIR=0 BOOT=-1 RAM=-1 UPD=-1
-ROMBASEDADDR: 0xFF010000
-DONE!

mgy

Than, what will I do? Can ı start my cam ML doesn't included card?
I wait opposite the cam.
And I think i will return original firmware. I download it canon home site.

Walter Schulz

Delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin from card. Copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Insert card into cam and try to start cam. Report back.

mgy

a1ex

So, bootloader is working, but main firmware has some trouble starting up.

I can try to reproduce your error in QEMU. To do this, I need a ROM dump - use this
autoexec.bin to obtain one, and send it to me via PM.

You may still have an older ROM dump on your ML card, under ML/LOGS. Send me that one as well, if you have it.

mgy

I am trying to send files to you with google drive link. Can you see them?

a1ex

I've got the files, but I wasn't able to figure out the issue yet.

Since you got 9 LED blinks, I assume the main firmware is trying to do something. Can you run this autoexec? Start the camera, wait for about 1 minute, and you should find a log file on the card.

autoexec.bin

mgy

OK, I will try..

I can't understand everything on the page.
No, nobody have Canon cam near me, for here Nikon is more popular. If my friends have Canon, i think they will fear for doing something with their cam...

mgy

I do it with that autoexec.bin file. LED is blinking 6 or 7 times. But ML/logs folder is empty. Do you want files?

a1ex

I've reflashed the bad ROM on my 60D, but the camera is working just fine. It started with the main display off - press INFO to turn it on.

If it still doesn't work, contact me on IRC.

Just so you can double-check what I did: the MD5 of my current ROM1 (from my 60D) is 78cdeb3501b5e66b3192479302fe7f69 (should be the same as your bad ROM).

mgy

I put autoexec.bin second one posted here. Sorry I don't understand MD5 number and some others. But i think it show the information on the screen. I send it here. And i try to find help for some English words...

(this is screen capture with my phone)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWdThVRURKT3VxbEk

Another thing, my SD card formatted yesterday in my 60D. But now windows say it is'n working normaly and it must formatting again. I do, after doing that camera don't read SD card and autoexec.bin files you sent. I will try to format it with another camera or program. Ufffffffff !  :'(

a1ex

It just means your ROM (Canon code and settings) on the ARM processor from your camera is identical to mine. With this, I've checked whether you might have some sort of ROM corruption (e.g. invalid settings, which could have been caused by a bug in ML), but you don't have this problem.

There is at least one other processor inside with persistent memory (tx19a - flash + eeprom), but ML does not control it, so it's extremely unlikely that we have any software trouble there.

Can you retry the startup log test (my second post)? Did you not find any log files on the root of the card? Did you hear any sound during the test? (it should beep once)

What happens if you start the camera without card?

mgy

Sorry, I have to go to the job. Tomorrow (probably afternoon) I will try the startup log test.

You asking "What happens if you start the camera without card?". İs it meaning after the startup log test I will start the cam without card?
I gave my SD card my friend. He has Canon camera and he will format it in his cam.

If we don't have software problem what can I do? Can Canon service or mechanic doing anything. Flashing rom, reinstalling firmware or changing board, etc..

Thank you for everything and sorry for my English.

mgy

My friend format my SD card in his Canon camera, I recharge my battery. I put files to my SD card. But now nothing doing. Walter Schulz's or your (a1ex) autoexec.bin files didn't start machine.. No Rescue screen or anything showing on LCD...

Walter Schulz

That's the way it works. The card is non-bootable now.
If you format the card in a cardreader or a cam without ML on it
card will get non-bootable and Autoexec.bin will not be loaded at startup.
That's intended.
But cam should start with and without blank card inserted.

To get a bootable card again:
Use EOScard or MacBoot to make card bootable.
Wipe all contents from card.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card. Or use the "Debug" Autoexec.bin.

mgy

3 days ago Windows says card must formatting. I can do anything with it. I can't put files or take files in the card. Because of that I formated it with cardreader. But when I see the camera didn't boot with card I thing I must format it with camera. I went to my friend and he formated my card for me. And now still I can do anything.

With card, without card with empty card, with ML included card... Nothing on the screen or top LCD. For example LCD must show battery status all time, but nothing displayed...

My camera doesn't work. My friend know it, he will never install ML to his camera.. So I can't format it with ML installed cam.

What can I do? Maybe you format your 16GB SD with ML and make an RAW image with Paragon BR 14 free, and upload here or google drive. And I will write it on my SD card... Or your opinion??

Walter Schulz

To get a bootable card again:
Use EOScard or MacBoot to make card bootable.
Wipe all contents from card.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card. Or use the "Debug" Autoexec.bin.

Walter Schulz

mgy

I try again everthing writing here and all of them in "C" mode. And each step I record video and taking photo.
(All folder on SD card is here. --MEDIA-- folder is for recorded videos and photos)

1. Walter Schulz's autoexec.bin trying
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWMnhXdGNjeTVyYkk

2. Original ML files trying
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWd2dCdTRJTk9MeTg

3. a1ex first autoexec.bin trying
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWbU9xRGl3SzRZYUk

4.  a1ex second autoexec.bin trying
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWS2NaR2toX2tGUVk

Of course I try without card too. But nothing happened...

Walter Schulz

Sorry, but not clear what you have done (past) and what you are about to do (future).
Please clarify!

- Did you use EOScard utility to make card bootable? If not: You can only test plain Canon firmware without ML's diagnostic tools. BTW: All diagnostic tools are a1ex' work.
- If card is bootable there should be some LED blinks

Another question: Do you have a second SD-card?

mgy

Yes I use EOScard utility to make my card bootable.
LED sometimes blinking sometimes don't. Everything in the videos.

Yes I have second SD card.

Walter Schulz

Have you tried using your second card?
If not enabled for ML:
- Run EOScard to make card bootable
- Wipe all contents from card
- Copy nightly build contents to card and startup cam.

mgy

I tried with my second card. It is Toshiba Exceria 32GB card. LED blinking only one time.

mgy

I am begining to lose my hope. I think I must send it to service or mechanic for repairing. I thing they don't fix the problem or try to install originall firmware. They will change mainboard. 200-250 Dolars...  :( ... What do you think, can it work?

mgy

I notice that if i forget my battery in the cam, it is discharging. Can it be short circuit.

I do something but camera don't work. Please help, If i can't do anything tomorrow i will send it to the service.

Walter Schulz

Do you have checked what a1ex asked? Any logs? Any beeps?
And I wouldn't bother about battery drain. Quite normal under these circumstances ...

mgy

I do and i record it. First i must say sorry for my English.

My battery was wery good 1 week ago. I charge it than i forget when i charge it. I can work long time with one charge. Nearly 1 month i use it with one charge...

Please watch videos first. (first videos quality is poor , second one is better)

1st video---------------------------------------------   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWNzBzN1FjcG1pbEU

2nd video (i push phone's power button wrongly)---   https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWVUZiZ1hwTk5yUzg

SD Card's files
A ------------ https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWTFR2LWplVFpqbGs
B ------------ https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HqklwHY3mWeVZpQWs1WkF6dk0

extremelypoorfilmaker

Are you sure that both cards are bootable? Have you tried both cards with magic lantern on another 60D where magic lantern works, if possible? If you could test your SD cards on another 60D running magic lantern you would know for sure if those cards are bootable or not

Walter Schulz

You don't need another ML cam to determine if card is bootable or not.
Non-bootable cards would not show diagnostic screen. And that's working for him.

extremelypoorfilmaker

Ok. Thank you walter shulz. I think i have missed that part of the post. Sorry to say something not appropriate

mgy

I buy 70D. Its cost is my 1 monthly income. Yes, before the download you are notice that it is dangerous thing. It is written on the cigarette boxes too, but everybody smoking it. And somebody go to court of law and.....I thing you can know end of this topic. Your Warning is not  enough strong. I thing you must declared rate of suitabilty for all models. If owners see that rate they decide more correctly. And last, i thing i will newer install magic lantern or another alternative ROM's etc. on my cam. Goodbye and good luck... :-X  :'(

extremelypoorfilmaker

My money are on:

a)Human error (somebody didn't read the instruction properly :)
b)Camera already defective!

:)