Canon EOS M10

Started by dfort, October 13, 2015, 07:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfort

This one came out with no press release--new EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens too.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/news/unveiled-canon-beefs-its-mirrorless-line-eos-m10-and-15-45mm-lens

Looks like a cheaper version of the M3. Wonder what happened to M4 through M9. The lens looks like it has a collapsed position like the 11-22mm. That makes killing the shutter-bug easy.

Walter Schulz

If cam's firmware is close to M3 there will be not that good a chance killing anything with ML. See M3 thread -> Powershot derivate.

josepvm

But the new EF-M 15-45mm can be used with the original EOS M, with ML. I suppose dfort was refering to this.

dfort

Quote from: josepvm on October 13, 2015, 08:35:32 AM
But the new EF-M 15-45mm can be used with the original EOS M, with ML. I suppose dfort was refering to this.

Yes, another EF-M lens and if you collapse then extend the this one you can kill the shutter-bug like you can with the 11-22mm. Sort of a strange choice of focal length though--something between the 18-55mm and the 11-22mm.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 13, 2015, 07:35:18 AM
If cam's firmware is close to M3 there will be not that good a chance killing anything with ML. See M3 thread -> Powershot derivate.

The M10 was announced with a couple of other PowerShots, the G5 X and the  G9 X. Wonder if they named it the M10 because they were going to call it the M X. All kidding aside, looks like it might be another one for the CHDK project.

redgeek

Is magic lantern working on this camera i seem to only have firmware 1.1.0