Zoom H6 and Canon DSLR simultaneous recording

Started by PaulHarwood856, January 03, 2016, 07:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulHarwood856

Hello everyone,

I just bought a Zoom H6, and have a Canon T3i and Canon 7D. I'm trying to figure out how to trigger the recorder and DSLR to record at the same time. This is to avoid possibly forgetting to record on the recorder, but recording on the DSLR and vice versa. Simply, it would be awesome and a lot easier. This is based on this forum post: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7890.0 but it hasn't had a post since March of 2015, and I just wanted to see if anyone has found a solution to this. I wanted to see if there is a way to get SMPTE Output on my DSLRS, and does anyone know of a set of cords that would work in order to pull this off? Thanks.

- Paul Harwood

axelcine

Start the Zoom recorder. Start cam video recorder with audio selected (for extra sync). Click a small flashlight close to the Zoom, beaming towards the cam - the Zoom hears the click and the cam sees the light. Sync - voila. The audio/video overhead is cut away in post. Relax and take your time getting the things rolling. A relaxed studio without panic ensures a good result. Good luck.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

PaulHarwood856

Hey axelcine, thanks so much for the tip and the quick response. I will try this!

- Paul Harwood